Staff Data EngineerWould you like to be a part of our dynamic Data & Analytics team?Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Join our Global Data & Analytics Team
The team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges; making energy cheaper, and production safer for people and environment. You will create state-of-the-art data and analytics products to deliver new insights and prescribe actions for our employees, Customers and Stakeholders.
Partner with the best
You will be part of a data engineering or cross-disciplinary team on development of products, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers and end users. Potential application areas include remote monitoring, financial risk assessment, Services delivery, Supply Chain optimization.
As a Staff Data Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Being proficient in data storage solutions - OLTP, OLAP, Data Lake, Data Mesh technologies in AWS, Azure, Oracle, or SAP technologies.
- Being conversant in more than one. Proficient in multiple ETL /MDM tools - Talend, HVR, AWS or Open Source tools
- Implementing Data warehouse & Big/Small data designs with automated MDM and data quality capabilities.
- Demonstrating proficiency at industry standard data modeling tools (e.g., ERWin, ER Studio, etc.).
- Having a good understanding of Data Visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, ThoughtSpot, etc) and Data Science techniques.
- Looking across multiple systems, understands the purpose of each system and defines data requirements by systems.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a Graduate in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). A minimum 6 yrs of professional experience.
- Have to deliver results when working on shorter-term (weeks-months), outcome-focused service engagements.
- Be leveraging knowledge about competitors, trends, and changing Technology environment to bring new ideas to the team.
- Have to articulate value proposition of existing technology capabilities and maps them to customer requirements to minimize cost and decrease timelines.
- Have to work collaboratively to understand vision, achieve goals, solve problems, and manage conflict. Identifies individual differences.
- Have to proactively communicate with stakeholders on key customer issues, identifies potential problems or conflicts and resolves them when necessary.
- Have to produce functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.