The Staff Electrical Engineer will provide leadership to manage support of New Product Development projects, Product Optimization Engineering projects, and support for reengineering existing products for our Manufacturing Center of Excellence with specific responsibilities on existing electrical components, electrical subsystems and product testing.
- Develop proper specifications for electrical system and subsystem/component performance.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems including both analog and digital circuits. Ability to troubleshoot electrical systems and components to correct existing problems and improve product quality and reliability.
- Improve current electrical systems by use of Design for Manufacturability and Design for Assembly, and design electrical systems for ease of service and cost reduction.
- Analyze electrical systems using simulation software to improve design and performance. Familiarity with C and C+ programming languages. Work will include analog circuit design, digital circuit design, and software design and troubleshooting. This includes interface to electromechanical systems.
- Develop and execute test plans to validate electrical system performance while utilizing design for reliability tools and performance sensitivity analysis. Consideration must be given to the applicable third party certifications, for example: Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Underwriters Laboratories (UL), European Mark (CE), Canadian Standards Association (CSA) etc.
- Communicate the values of Integrity, Involvement, Innovation, Intensity, Customer Focus and Performance Driven to employees through daily actions, verbal communications and focus on role model leadership.
- Manage and balance workload using a combination of internal and external resources.
- May train others on functional area related topics.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 7+ years of relevant work experience; MS degree with 5+ years of experience. If related PhD, 3 years of related experience preferred.
- Experience and/or training in electrical circuit design and product development. Previous exposure to manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with commonly used PCB CAD design tools. Altium would be a bonus.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting technical procedures and government/agency regulations (UL, CSA, CE, FCC, etc…)
- Willing to work in a multiple project/multiple deadline environment.
- Sense of ownership & urgency with projects and work assignments
- Ability to integrate global standards and regulations into design
- Ability to travel as required,< 10% of the time
"We Engineer your success" Britech Group, Inc is a Technology Staffing Company who are experts in integrating exceptional people with top companies. Additional Job Openings- http://britechgroup.com