What does a great Staff Software Engineer in Core Payments do?
As an Staff Software Engineer in Core Payments, you will be a part of a team of people responsible for creating and
maintaining a suite of Android client applications and point-of-sale APIs in a fast-paced result-oriented environment.
We're looking for an experienced Android software engineer to help build, certify and operate complex payment
systems. These systems allow our large fleet of smart payment terminals to process millions of transactions a day
via our cloud infrastructure. Our Payments Engineers are highly capable problem solvers that are detail-oriented
and self-driven. You are pragmatic in balancing priorities and enjoy working in an iterative model where
requirements are constantly changing.
As an Staff Software Engineer in Core Payments, you can look forward to:
• Adding new payments features to our existing products (such as dynamic currency conversion, offline
payment support, Android Pay, Apple Pay, mobile wallets etc.)
• Designing and implementing Android applications and services that provide best in class payment flow
experience for customers.
• Troubleshooting issues that may span across a wide range of device types.
• Taking ownership of specific payment components.
• Working with international certification teams and test organizations.
• Working with product management to clarify and/or create specifications.
• Triaging bugs related to payment applications and related infrastructure.
• Performing production support services as part of a regular on call rotation.
• Collaborating with Product Development, UX Designers, and QA to build quality products; including
resolving complex technical issues related to projects.
• Build, test, implement and launch the solutions proposed.
• Install, configure, customize, upgrade, support and troubleshoot all technical issues related to on premise
and hosted environments for mobile platforms.
• Work directly with third party vendors to define technical requirements and customize, configure and
implement solutions to interface with various external systems.
• Work with senior management to define and implement technical processes and procedures within the
department focusing on client satisfaction and efficiency.
• Communicating within your functional team and across Engineering to keep information flowing.
• Reviewing peer code, designs, and providing mentorship.
• Writing tests and automation to advance maturity in product testing.
• Be a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in a strong product setting.
• Develop native mobile applications for Android.
• Troubleshoot and analyze system level problems(deadlocks, crashes).
• Work in an agile environment, participating in planning and Scrum boards.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
Bachelor's degree required.
• 8+ years of experience in Java.
• 5+ years of experience in Android application development.
• 5+ years of experience in Android Framework development
• Experience with server technologies, REST web services, SOA.
• Familiarity with databases and schema design. (MySQL)
• Familiar with 3rd party libraries for Android.
• Familiar with databases and schema design.
• UI development, optimal performance, adaptation to various screen sizes.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Payments industry experience working with EMVco or PCI/PTS standards.
• Embedded/MCU/ARM Cortex development, RTOS, C language experience.
• Kotlin Programming.
• RXJava, functional programming, MVP/MVC design patterns.
• iOS and/or other previous mobile development experience.
• Test driven development methodology. (UI Automator/Espresso)
Who We Are:
Clover delivers the leading Point of Sale system with an elegant end-to-end solution that incorporates beautiful devices,
cloud-based POS software, payments processing, platform API's for third-party developers, and an ecosystem with over
220 apps. The Clover platform delivers solutions in a scalable and modular fashion that powers tiny merchants through
large football stadiums, supporting millions of transactions daily. Our devices and platform form the backbone of millions of
payment interactions between merchants and their customers daily. We are looking for self-starters with a passion for
technology who want to help us impact millions of merchants' lives one transaction at a time.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.