In 2015, SLING redefined America's relationship with live TV.
Five years later, we remain one of the country's most influential inventions and driving forces behind the cord-cutting phenomenon. We've achieved our success by filling our offices with people invested in the medium they're building.
Our teams are challenging the status quo and reimagining streaming capabilities. From product development to software design to big data and beyond, our people play vital roles in connecting consumers with the products and platforms of tomorrow. About SlingTV
Sling TV is the #1 over-the-top (OTT) live streaming content platform that delivers live TV and on-demand entertainment instantly to a variety of smart televisions, tablets, game consoles, computers, smartphones and streaming devices.About the position
Our mission is to build the next generation, web scale platform for SlingTV. Our environment is...
- Highly elastic
- Based on some of the latest and greatest cloud native technologies
- Very fast paced
Your team will be...
- Building the middleware for our client applications
- Driving a customer centric, highly personalized approach to the evolution of our platform
- Delivering GoLang based microservices into a Kubernetes based, web scale environment
- Delivering software in an agile environment, continuously
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be...
- Highly motivated, driven & hard working
- Not afraid to fail
- Capable of building highly available micro services in GoLang, we are happy to teach the right person GoLang
- Comfortable working in a TDD & CI/CD environment
- Highly competent using tools such as Git, postman, an IDE and a tracking tool such as Jira
- A team player. We have a great group of diverse folks working together in harmony. Big egos and "super heroes" need not apply.
A successful Senior Engineer - Software Development will:
Technologies in our environment:
- Be available to work onsite out of our American Fork, UT or Englewood, CO offices; relocation assistance available.
- Have a 4-year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, master's degree is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Ideally seeking a minimum of 2 yrs of experience, but interested in candidates will 5+ years of experience as well.
- Preferred experience building and managing large, highly available enterprise grade applications
Here are some of the key technologies that make up our environment. While we do not expect you to have a detailed understanding of each, the more of these you are familiar with the better.
- GoLang, Java, Python
- Automated testing of applications & Continuous Integration / TDD / BDD
- Confluent Stack / Kafka / ELK Stack / Couchbase / Cassandra / Rabbit MQ / PostGreSQL / Elasticsearch
- Cloud Native tools: Kubernetes / Docker / Rancher / Consul / Vault / Salt Stack / Jenkins / Terraform / AWS / Jaeger / gRPC / Istio / Calico
- CI / CD & DevOps Culture
- 12 Factor Applications
- Serverless / Function as a service concepts, implementations & patterns
Compensation: $114,885.00/Yr. - $181,390.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.