Job ID: T20974 - Staff IT Auditor
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participates in audits and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reviews of various company technology functions, incorporating an understanding of technology processes, risk assessment techniques and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Identifies risks and tests controls associated with financial integrity, operational effectiveness, compliance with rules and regulations, and systems and data integrity.
- Develops and executes specific testing procedures and documents test results for assigned sections of audits/projects.
- Analyzes findings and test results and arrives at sound fact-based conclusions and appropriate recommendations for problem areas noted.
- Prepares documentation in adherence to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology.
- Contributes to the preparation of issues and findings including recommendations for improvement.
- Consistently adheres to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge:
- BA/BS in Computer Science/MIS or related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in IT or as an IT Auditor.
- Working knowledge of risk assessment and auditing principles
- Experience in one or more technology disciplines (network, database, business applications, programming, etc.).
- Basic understanding of mainframe, distributed, network, or web-based technology environments.
- Introductory understanding of the relationships between financial, operational and technology risks and controls as well as the insurance industry.
- Basic knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Basic understanding of the audit cycle, universe, plan and schedule, including business monitoring and SOX validation.
- Advanced skills with commonly used office software including: MS Office, email and the internet.
- Ability to leverage CAATs to improve audit test efficiencies and effectiveness.
Environmental/Work Schedules/Other: Travel up to (15%)
Licensing or Certificates: Certified Information Systems Auditor or related certification.