DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We're doing it by building the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it's a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the changing world.
Are you looking to grow your career as a Technical Product Owner in the Denver area, working with a company that constantly disrupts their industry? As part of our team you will get to deliver creative solutions for our new Wireless venture! We're looking for talented, driven, passionate Product Owners to join the DISH family and drive our business forward through delivering world class software to our customers, partners, and employees.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
This role will be part of the Wireless OSS organization deployment and development team for the Service Management platform. The goal of the system is to automate as much as possible as it pertains to Service Management needs for our customers and operations teams. This platform will be a fully integrated solution integrating BSS front end systems, leveraging Data Lake/Analytics, federated inventories, correlation engines, and network services.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a cross functional team to ensure the team delivers products that meet business requirements and delivers business and operational value to customers;
- Ensure the product roadmap and vision are communicated to the development team;
- Break down and prioritize delivery of products and features by developing and maintaining the product backlog, user stories, and cross-product dependencies;
- Elicit, identify, document, and refine requirements from business problems to detailed user stories and acceptance criteria that may include technical requirements;
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders, developers, QA, and other team members to analyze information and functional requirements, advocate the development process through to implementation, and ensure the delivered product meets business needs;
- Perform acceptance testing for user stories and features;
- Collaborate with stakeholders/developers/QA during product development through implementation;
- Manage stakeholder needs & requests while balancing product roadmap priorities;
- Facilitate iteration planning sessions, daily team stand-ups, grooming sessions, and retrospectives;
- Track and report on team work completed, capacity, backlog, velocity, etc.;
- Forecast product/feature delivery timelines;
- Use metrics and feedback to improve team and organization processes, best practices, performance, and delivery;
- Assist with deployments and production support issues.
A successful Staff IT Product Owner will have the following:
- BA/BS in a technical or business discipline (Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting); MA/MS Degree preferred;
- 6-8+ years of Product Owner, Product Manager, Systems Analyst, Business Analyst, Project Manager or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Excellent organizational, facilitation, and written/verbal communication skills;
- Self-motivation with strong, proven, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional resources and work well in a distributed environment;
- Ability to plan for future work while maintaining the current delivery with rapidly changing priorities;
- Rally / CA Agile Central experience a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven experience with Agile, DevOps, and Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) tools and methodology;
- Experience in Software Development/Engineering practices;
- Proven track record of leadership of product accomplishments including successful project launches;
- Any of the following Certifications are preferred: Agile Certified Product Manager Product Owner (ACPMPO), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), SAFe Product Manager / Product Owner (SPMPO), Project Manager Professional (PMP);
- Experience with CA Agile Central, Rally, and/or Slack is preferred.
Compensation: $85,905.00/Yr. - $136,190.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.