Adaptive Optics Associates-Xinetics (AOA Xinetics), a wholly-owned Northrop Grumman Space Systems, Payload and Ground Systems Division Business Venture, is a leading supplier of complex electro-optic and photonic systems and subsystems that control and manipulate light waves for a variety of applications. Our talented team of engineers, managers and technologists conceive, design, develop and manufacture high precision products in an environment that requires significant collaboration and teamwork among multiple engineering disciplines.
AOA Xinetics (AOX) is an end-to-end engineering company that creates solutions, puts them into practice, and manufactures them. We develop solutions to some of the nation's hardest technical challenges leveraging advanced technical capabilities in optical, mechanical, software, electronics controls, systems, test and manufacturing engineering to perform applied research, engineering development, and precision manufacturing.
Additionally, AOX excels in a range of applications from adaptive optical systems, deformable mirrors, wavefront sensors, and sub-nanometer precision actuators to photonic systems that acquire and process data in real time for a variety of high-availability applications. AOX's market offerings include lightweight passive and active CERAFORM™ and CERAPRINT™ silicon carbide (SiC) optics and precision structures as well as large and small precision opto-mechanical systems supporting electronics and sophisticated controls software.
We are one of eight wholly owned Northrop Grumman Strategic Business Ventures https://www.northropgrumman.com/who-we-are/business-ventures/ Overview
Reporting to the Information Technology Manager, the Staff Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) will join our team of qualified, diverse security professionals that support a wide range of systems and programs to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of key infrastructure for multiple Department of Defense (DoD) programs. You must be knowledgeable of information technology and security principles. This is a dynamic, highly technical, multi-tasking environment that demands above average customer service, communication and organizational skills. Responsibilities
- Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of information systems security program for assigned programs in compliance with National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM) Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Design, develop, and recommend integrated security solutions for multiple classified information systems (IS) with various operating systems Prepare and maintain security Assessment and Authorization documentation (e.g., Information Assurance Standard Operating Procedure (IA SOP), System Security Plan (SSP), Secure Content and Threat Management (SCTM), Approval to Operate (ATO) including participation in system categorization
- Create required Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) as mandated by the Federal Information Systems Management Act (FISMA) as a corrective action plan for tracking and planning the resolution of information security weaknesses
- Ensure the development, documentation, and presentation of IS security education, awareness, and training activities for users and others, as appropriate
- Apply cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies to special programs classified computing environments. Investigate security incidents to include data spills, data integrity incidents, and malicious code incidents
- Ensure system security measures comply with applicable government policies, provide configuration management and accurately assess the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each system
- Conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional
- Provide support to other cybersecurity personnel for maintaining appropriate operation information assurance (IA) posture for program
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Criminal Justice or Engineering ---An additional 4 years of experience as an ISSO or ISSM in a Defense Contractor/Subcontractor COMSEC/NSI environment may be substituted in lieu of degree
- 14+ years of experience as an ISSO or ISSM implementing DSS/ISFO/ODAA processes including NISPOM Chapter 8, DIACAP/NIST RMF, JAFAN 6/3, DCID 6/3, ICD 503 and/or JSIG
- DoD Directive 8570.1 IAM Level I or higher certification -- CISSP Certification preferred
- Experience administering the system functions including security policies and account management of Microsoft Windows and Server as well as Linux/Unix-based systems
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrate excellent problem solving abilities, be well organized, flexible, and self-motivated
- Familiarity conducting vulnerability scans
- Experience conducting security analysis to include security categorizations and risk assessments
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- US Citizenship is a requirement for employment
- Active Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain SCI clearances
- Master's Degree
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- SCI or SAP caveat cleared
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.