The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g. processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software tradeoffs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS)/ Government Off-the Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Fourteen years of experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university
Four additional years of experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity may be substituted for a degree.
- Proficiency in JAVA programming language
- Experience analyzing user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Experience with designing and coding of new software or modifying existing software to add new features
Experience with the following is highly preferred:
- Debugging existing software and correct defects
- Integrating existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Developing simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Assisting with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Ability to write or review software and system documentation
- Providing recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Developing or implementing algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.