Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides technical analysis in data center network planning, engineering, and design.
- Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexes, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and department network administrators. Evaluates potential networking products, technical solutions, and capacity requirements to meet business needs.
- Validate enterprise-level network design, newly released equipment software and operating system for vulnerabilities and deficiencies. Makes changes to mitigate the risk.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Reviews the customer's network looking for opportunities to enhance network functionality, performance and reliability by utilizing the proven industry best-practices and architectures.
- Provides specifications and detail schematics for unified network architecture of the enterprise.
- Analyze current networking device configurations and determine implementation requirements.
- Develops implementation strategies, plans and processes for a nationwide rollout/upgrade of the network equipment
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for administering the monitoring and performance measurement system
- Upgrade configuration of existing networking equipment to support new features and functions.
- Provides daily monitoring/detection of potential performance/throughput issue and develop risk mitigation solutions
- Configure and maintain Virtual Private Network (VPN), Network Admission Control (NAC), Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE), Cisco NEXUS, Cisco ASR.
- Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to Government customer and Northrop Grumman management.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support
- Cisco Certified Network Engineers must possess a Cisco CCIE or equivalent level of Cisco Certification
- Possess a second CCIE or CCDE credential
- Knowledge of Local Area Network technologies such as Ethernet, wireless LAN as well as the physical media and equipment associated with each.
NetVision Resources, Inc. (NVR) is a fast growing, ISO 9001, ISO 20000, CMMI DEV/2, MBE certified technology consulting and software development firm, based out of the DC Metro area. To know more, please visit www.netvisionresources.com