DISH Wireless is building a next-gen 5G network to disrupt the wireless industry and fuel innovation in transportation, health care, education, sustainability, city management, and agriculture.
We're driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - and we're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve. Join us as we embark on our greatest adventure of all.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH Wireless. Position Summary
With a passion for motivating people, you will be the narrator of our story. You will lead a highly motivated, cross functional team through the delivery of products supporting and enabling value for the first ever cloud native, virtualized, Open RAN 5G SA Network. DISH aims to disrupt the market by empowering business partners and customers with unparalleled network capabilities to do their jobs more effectively and to pursue new business opportunities. You will work closely with other organizations on these complex cross-functional products driving deliverables for multiple stakeholders through to completion. You will have responsibility for executive readouts and accountability for delivery while maintaining collaborative working relationships ensuring the most positive outcome. Thriving at the intersection of technology, business and market need, you must be comfortable immersing yourself in the details on each end of the spectrum. You are fueled by the need to innovate fast all while acting as the customer's ambassador, focusing on the customer's holistic experience with the product. As an ambassador of creation, you will be on the front line as we aim to democratize wireless and reimagine how connectivity is delivered. Responsibilities
- Be accountable ensuring the success of the Program. Manage executive project expectations including owning escalation, communication, and C-level interaction on critical strategic projects for the company
- Successfully direct teams (both within organization and across internal & partner teams) to execute on prioritized business objectives
- Discover and validate viable and valuable technology driven solutions to customer problems that deliver inspired and delightful experiences and solutions they will love
- Be an inquisitive and learned student of the Wireless line of business and its financial and operational needs; Know your business
- Be a product evangelist with customers, prospects, analysts, partners, executive stakeholders and employees
- Shepherd what will get done through the Product Development (The How) process
- Objectively encourage and execute on product pivots away from products that lack sufficient traction, including termination of product concepts in favor of new opportunities
- Manage the design, planning, development, and implementation of strategic products ensuring alignment with Objectives and Key Results that empower teams with clarity. The scope of which includes project reviews, executive communication and approval, requirements gathering, and eventual deployment and implementation
- Instill data driven decision making as the expected norm not the exception; you will lead by example
- Be and be known as a leader within the company and be a role model for the company's culture
- Build trust through collaboration and transparency, across teams
- Motivate individual contributors and leaders to achieve common goals while expecting uncommon results, exceeding business expectations (timing, experiential and business outcomes)
- Consistently creative
- Unwavering drive to correlate success through data
- An enthusiastic, clear communicator and creator of clear and highly visible shared understandings; A good story teller
- A love for working with customers: A love to listen, to learn, to teach and be taught
- Fully engaged, a persistent advocate with a bias toward action without being abrasive
- Have strong curiosity across marketing, technology, and other disciplines
- Not afraid to respectively challenge the status quo or executive leadership when needed; An accurate and consistent voice of the customer
- Have a passion for mentor-ship, relationship building, collaboration and team development
- 5+ years of program management; or equivalent practical experience
- Proven program success and C-level engagement experience driving great user experiences that solve critical customer problems
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
- Preferred track record balancing the conceptualization of strategic initiatives with tactical execution
- Preferred experience in general management with profit and loss accountability
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Engineering and Marketing
- Strong foundation in product development methodologies (e.g. Design Thinking, DevOps, Agile, Lean UX etc.)
- Desired understanding of software development lifecycles, testing and release management
- Desired understanding of development and delivering cloud native products as a service, virtualized deployments, containerization, DEV/OPS and CI/CD pipelines
Compensation: $103,300.00/Yr. - $137,100.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.