Staff Software Engineer - Web Development Requisition ID:
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact and provide support in achieving your career goals. Location/Division:
San Jose, CA - Austin TX Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division How will you make an impact?
You will work in the fast-growing world of Biomedical Instrumentation and Biomedical Software Engineering and contribute significantly to the development of the cloud based Next generation of Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry data systems from ground up. We are looking to hire individuals with experience in web front end development using modern cloud and micro front-end based architectures, and those who can help us design the next generation of user experience. What will you do?
How will you get here? Education
- Participate in planning, UI design, development and the delivery of web based micro front ends and micro services. The position will act as a User Interface technical anchor, contribute to the technical vision with the development team and help the team to turn it into reality.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of web applications and web components, deployable on various cloud and on premises deployment models.
- This is a hands-on development role, where you will be spending majority of your time on designing, coding, unit, and integration testing.
- Mentor and support team members on technology, technical approach, project execution.
Degree in Computer Science or related field Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing commercial software with demonstrated increase in the project responsibilities.
- Strong experience and knowledge of Typescript, HTML5, CSS3, SPA frameworks (Vue, React, Angular).
- Good experience with C# .NET with experience writing micro services in the .NET core environment.
- Deep understanding and experience in API design (using RESTful), including versioning, isolation, documenting for internal and external (commercial) using API documentation frameworks (e.g. Apiary, Swagger).
- Working knowledge of GITOPS, GIT and Kubernetes based DevOps pipeline.
- Proven Experience with AWS API and concepts, Azure or GCP.
- Experience with databases like MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MSSQL.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.