As a Staff Engineer, you will assist in the full-stack development of our applications and services for our product portfolio. Specifically, the Full Stack Engineer will enhance, improve, develop & maintain back-end services used across our entire technology platform. We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer that is proficient with Ruby and some other front-end framework like React.
Role & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of our product portfolio, primarily built with Ruby, React, Amazon Web Services, and PostgreSQL.
- Collaborate with business and technical professionals across the organization to ensure the code is well designed within an Agile framework. In addition, partner with these teams to contribute to architecture and various development environments as needed.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, documenting and implementing software best practices.
- Continue to learn new tools and languages. We take development seriously! Our team manages our own internal training, with budgets for classes, conferences, books and materials .we want you to grow your skills with us.
- Mentor other junior members as the organization and team grows.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience interpreting & refining business objectives into actionable requirements, having delivered large scale projects from concept to production.
- At least 10+ years of experience using a modern programming language. Ideally you're already proficient in Ruby but lack of it won't automatically disqualify you; our collective team background includes Ruby, Python, Java, Node.js, Erlang and C++. Show us you solved real, non-trivial engineering problems with your language and we'll be interested in you.
- At least 5+ years experience developing systems with Amazon Web Services technologies; ECS/API Gateway experience a big plus.
- At least 5+ years of experience with Test Driven Development (TDD).
- At least 5+ years of experience building out Restful API's and consuming 3rd party API's.
- At least 5+ year of experience with React or some other front-end framework
- Experience with Terraform, Kubernetes and Docker a plus if you have it, but not required.
- Experience executing deliverables within an agile environment.