We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to design, develop, and evaluate software from concept through production stage.
Successful candidates will be a team player and excited to play a critical role in advancing our unmanned stratospheric systems.
• Building, integrating, and deploying web applications
• Developing and unit-testing Java server-side code
• Debugging and resolving application issues
• Research, write, develop, test, and evaluate software programs.
• Work with teams to facilitate deployment related to software programs.
• Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new or enhancement of existing software.
• Create and update documentation for designs, and all phases of the project.
• Work with external customers to troubleshoot and solve problems.
• Coordinate engineering efforts and provide engineering assistance to internal teams or external customers.
• Client/server application development
• Familiarity XML, JSON, and other data formats
• Java programming
• JEE technologies (servlets, JSP)
• Database design, database management, Java Database Connectivity (JDBC)
• Apache Tomcat, Spring
• Mapping Toolkits (WorldWind, OpenMap, Leaflet, Google Maps API etc)
• Git or other source control system
• Scripting (Python, Shell)
• Top Secret Level Clearance (or ability to successfully obtain one)
Additional Desirable Competencies
• Atlassian’s Jira or other issue / project tracking tools
• Jenkins or other continuous build systems
• Maven or equivalent Java build tools and concepts
• Embedded ARM development on SoC FPGAs
• GNU Autotools or equivalent C++ build tools and concepts