Staff Software Test Engineer
at Digital Reasoning
Franklin, TN or New York, NY
Digital Reasoning is looking for an experienced Staff Software Test Engineer with strong expertise in manual, automated and performance testing to provide technical leadership to our software test engineers. This position is responsible for designing test strategies for our AI-powered solutions across Financial Services, Healthcare and other verticals. This person will be seen as a technical leader and mentor and should have the vision to understand, design and integrate quality within secure SDLC.
Specific duties include but not limited to:
- Foster partnerships with business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality solutions that delight the customer.
- Work with Product Management, Engineering and AML stakeholders in developing end-to-end testing strategies and realistic release plans based on the complexity of the AI solutions that integrate structured and unstructured Data Ingestion, Software Applications, and Machine Learning models in multi-tier cloud and on-prem environments.
- Champion innovative testing strategies and frameworks in coordination with a cross-functional Architecture team and Engineering/AML stakeholders.
- Lead the creation of well formed test execution plans including security, usability, performance and scalability and defining test environment requirements for the same
- Ensure delivery of high quality software, analytics and supporting documentation of our AI-based solutions.
- Drive continuous quality improvement initiatives and testing efficiencies by influencing peers, teams, and other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain testing guidelines and process documentation
- Mentor other team members to develop the technical ability, utilization, and overall efficiency.
- Conduct test plan reviews and publish test execution summary to customers & stakeholders.
- Design, develop, execute, and maintain automated and manual tests in collaboration with globally distributed agile teams.
General Required Competencies:
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely
- Excellent organization and prioritization abilities
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn quickly
- Enjoys staying up-to-date on current/rapidly changing technologies
- Thought leader, confident; creative and innovative; detail oriented
- Ability to mentor and lead other team members
- 10% Overall testing strategies for product release
- 10%: Planning/estimating testing effort for product releases
- 30%: Designing, developing and supporting frameworks for our test infrastructure and providing automation expertise to our development teams
- 30%: Working with all scrum teams to ensure that test plans/cases are robust and comprehensive
- 20%: Mentoring/leading test engineers
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years direct experience in software test engineering role in an Agile software development environment
- 6+ years direct experience developing automated tests in Java, Selenium, Cucumber
- 6+ years of combined experience in Java, Python, Java Script, Scala
- 5+ years of experience in Linux and cloud platforms (AWS, GCP)
- Experience working with a globally distributed team
- Experienced with various testing methodologies and areas of focus, including regression testing, ad-hoc testing, security testing, UI/UX testing, integration testing, performance/scale testing, and user acceptance testing
- Experience with testing tools/frameworks: Spock, Appium, JUnit, Xray for JIRA
- Cross browser/device testing: Sauce Labs, Browserstack
- Load and Performance Testing with tools such as Protractor, JMeter, Gatling
- Distributed version control systems: Git
- CI servers: Bamboo, Jenkins
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in one or more of Apache Spark, Elasticsearch and Hadoop ecosystem
- A strong understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and NLP.
- Have experience building structured test plans within the cognitive and machine learning space.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift is a plus.
- Experience with TDD, BDD