Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Stamping Engineer, Product Engineering.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Be part of the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering and work closely with the Product Design Engineers in body structures, closures, and exteriors during the studio, prototype, and production product engineering phase.
- Provide prompt feedback on product design proposals to ensure manufacturability, feasibility, optimized layout and cost.
- Partner with studio, design engineering, and manufacturing to ensure consideration of slip lines, shock lines, and other A-surface relevant aspects.
- Consider and help balance all Simultaneous Engineering aspects of the designs.
- Work with the manufacturing stamping team and support approval of supplier forming simulation setup and output.
- Maintain documentation of internal or external communication, processing data, and other pertinent product information.
- Assists development with new process or materials as requested.
- Drive all aspects of design for stamping and support product engineers in design decision making in detail design.
- Travel is minimal however required as needed (US & International).
- BS degree, Mechanical Engineering major
- Tool & Die Apprenticeship with experience is a plus.
- Experience in Tool Engineering in a high-volume manufacturing environment with an emphasis on material forming simulations for Aluminum and Steel.
- Fluency in PLM systems and the ability to function as a bridge between Product Design and Toolmakers.
- Aluminum Class A, BIW and Closures experience with focus on the design and build of stamping dies.
- Must have the ability to travel internationally.
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills.
- Working knowledge of current manufacturing techniques in metal forming
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Effective skill in establishing and maintaining working relationships with a wide range of individuals.
- Strong engineering fundamentals, time management, and analytic skills
- Knowledge of material properties, mechanics of materials and how these materials react when subjected to varying stamping conditions.
- Ability to remain current with state-of-the-art technologies and practices related to the metal stamping process as well as develop innovative solutions when necessary.
- Experience in forming at elevated temperatures a plus.
- Able to use MS Excel, Project, Word, Atlassian JIRA.
- Advanced proficiency in Cad software - CATIA
- In-depth experience with the Autoform suite for stamping simulation and value analysis / value engineering (VAVE) is a must.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.