Develops comprehensive reports and analyzes data in order to identify patterns and trends. Assists in creating materials that aid in illustrating analytical/data findings. Assists with sophisticated data interpretation, compilation, and verification to guide departmental efforts. Description
***This is an onsite position located in Columbia, SC. The selected candidate must be within a daily commutable distance to the office. *** Required Education:
- Designs, codes, maintain and executes simple to complex database programs for the extraction and presentation of data for standard and ad hoc reporting. Utilizes statistical programming tools to identify patterns and trends in data. Assists in sampling design, sample selection, and relevant projections. Performs statistical validations of sampling and related projections. Assists with the preparation of charts, illustrations, other graphics and narrative reports to explain findings.
- Assists with development of complex statistical analysis, including standard reporting, AD HOC reporting, and data mining tools. Assists with sophisticated data interpretation, compilation, and verification to guide departmental efforts.
- Provides assistance in development of project plans and system life cycle maintenance, development of change requests and test plans impacting existing databases, and in the research of new sources for data.
- Verifies data in existing databases and assists in the collection of data and management of existing databases. Creates supporting documentation outlining procedures within scope of responsibility.
Required Work Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree Statistics/Biostatistics, mathematics, computer science, or other job related field
Preferred Work Experience:
- Two years of statistical programming or statistical interpretation
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Two years of experience with statistical practices
- Two years relational database experience (may be concurrent)
- Experience with SAS and SQL
- Experience with medical/insurance claims data
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Good organizational, customer service, and analytical skills
- Ability to use complex mathematical calculations
- Demonstrated knowledge of mathematical or statistical concepts
- Relevant computer programming skills
Required Software and Tools: Preferred Software and Tools:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.