Develops difficult statistical analysis using standard reporting, AD HOC reporting, and data mining tools in order to identify patterns and trends. Prepares charts, illustrations, and other graphics and narrative reports to identify and explain data findings.
- 30% Develops, maintains, and executes complex database programs for the extraction and presentation of data for standard and ad hoc reporting. Creates supporting documentation outlining all procedures within scope of responsibility.
- 15% Develops complex sampling design and/or execution methodology for sample selection.
- 15% Develops difficult statistical analysis using standard reporting, ad hoc reporting, and data mining tools. Provides sophisticated data interpretation, compilation, and verification to guide departmental efforts.
- 10% Prepares charts, illustrations, and other graphics and narrative reports to identify and explain patterns and trends.
- 10% Participates in writing of articles suitable for internal/external publication to support departmental efforts. May assume a leadership role in this activity.
- 10% Provides assistance in development of project plans and system life cycle maintenance, performing quality checks on relational database tables, and in the development of focused end-user applications.
- 10% With leadership responsibilities as assigned by management, participates in development of change requests and testing plans for changes to existing relational database tables. Researches new sources of data and provides written and/or verbal feedback to management.
Required Work Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Statistics/Biostatistics, mathematics, computer science, or other job related field
Preferred Work Experience:
- Four years statistical programming or statistical interpretation
- SQL/SAS Experience
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Five years of experience with statistical practices
- Five years statistical software and relational database experience (may be concurrent)
- Tableau experience
- Mainframe experience (TSO and CICS)
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, customer service, and analytical skills
- Ability to use complex mathematical calculations
- Demonstrated knowledge of mathematical or statistical concepts
- Relevant computer programming skills
Required Software and Tools: Preferred Software and Tools:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer systems support knowledge
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.