Yoh is a seeking a Stem Cell Scientist I candidate to support a San Francisco Bay Area based startup company in the biotechnology industry. You will have the opportunity to support genetic engineering through cutting edge technology! Responsibilities include culturing/maintaining cell cultures, cell based assays and utilizing CrispR. Title
: Stem Cell Scientist I Location
: San Francisco Bay Area Type
: 6 month, contract to hire Industry:
Competitive, depends on experience Responsibilities
- Stem Cell Biology - Culture and maintain cells/ cell lines for cell-based assays (iPSCs, HSCs and others)
- Manage cell stock inventory
- Coordinate day-to-day lab activities including equipment maintenance, reagent orders, restocking consumables, etc.
- Transfect various cell/ cargo combinations and participate in optimizing system parameters
- Participate in all aspects of laboratory operation and organization
- Perform/Interpret RNAseq Analysis
- Chromatin analyses (methylation and adenylation) using multiple software (e.g. scATAC, etc.)
- Perform basic molecular biology
- Perform cell-based assays and cell analysis using flow cytometry and cell sorting.
- Maintain records, prepare reports, and make regular presentations to summarize results
- Responsible for cDNA cloning, sequence analysis, and plasmid construction
- Bachelors or Master's degree in a biology-related field (Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry preferred) with 2+ years of laboratory research experience
- Experience with stem cell culture and aseptic technique is required, preferably with both suspension and adherent cell lines
- Experience with CRISPR gene editing techniques, gene transfer, and homologous recombination or HDR.
- Experience with CRISPR Knock-Out/ Knock-In readouts
- Experience with multiparametric flow cytometry is required
- Experience with gRNA, mRNA, siRNA, and shRNA
- Experience of electroporation system
- Knowledge with AAV and lentivector for design and cargo organization
- Experience with handling human tissue specimens (blood, etc.) and familiarity with BSL-2 protocols and best-practices is a plus
- PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR, gel electrophoresis and other routine molecular biology lab techniques are required. ddPCR and gene expression experience are preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and should be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written reports, with an emphasis on communicating to ensure smooth running of the laboratory.
- Proven ability to work independently and alone, as well as to collaborate with peers and work effectively in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Flexible with an eagerness to learn.
- Extensive experience with cell-based assay development using wide range of assays including but not limited to molecular cloning, nucleic acid extraction, purification, and analysis (qualitative and quantitative assessment of DNA and RNA), and mammalian cell culture (sterile technique, cell counting, and passaging).
- Direct experience with RNA interference, CRISPR, genome editing, and/or expression vector design and cloning is a plus.
- Culture and maintain embryonic stem cells in addition to iPS cells is a plus
- Carry out ES cell engineering process with limited instruction is a plus.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.PandoLogic.Category: Science, Keywords: Research Associate