IBM seeks a Sterling Order Management Developer.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Services Center in Baton Rouge has immediate opportunities for an experienced, forward thinking Sterling OMS (Order Management System) Developer with a passion for growth and innovation.
Join our team and utilize leading-edge technology to configure, develop, deliver and support applications for our clients in areas such as mobile/Smarter Commerce. Our clients are some of the world’s leading companies and you will be part of challenging projects to build and support technical solutions for their needs.
The Sterling OMS / Commerce Intermediate Developer executes implementation projects in accordance with approved client Statements of Work (SOWs) for the IBM Commerce technical services consulting organization.
Working as an individual contributor or as part of a larger team the Sterling OMS / Commerce Developer should demonstrate the following:
• Demonstrated customer facing skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to business and technical audiences
• Accurate, detailed knowledge of specified technology software and services and experience with applicable consulting practices, methodologies and tools
• Maintains and expands technical and business knowledge through study and on-site delivery experience
• Describe and demonstrate features, functions and benefits in relation to the customer's environment and requirements
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of the fundamental concepts, technologies, standards and methodologies
Preferred skills include:
• Web technologies and services including XML, HTML, Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Experience with application server architectures (J2EE)
• Experience with application development and system architecture design; working knowledge of UNIX (HP, IBM, Red Hat LINUX) and Windows, C++, Java and XML
• Experience with Object Oriented (OO) programming languages such as Java and C++
• Experience with java programming (Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC, Swing)
• Experience in XML, XML, parsers, and XSL
The IBM Services Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge, LA center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel approximately 50% of the time. No remote opportunities exist.
IBM's unparalleled ability to bring together deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology enables IBM Global Business Services to help position its clients for the future. We leverage the proven roadmaps and frameworks that have been developed across 17 industries and the unique combination of skills and experiences of our teams in over 170 countries - unmatched capabilities. When you join IBM, you'll partner with our clients, and leverage these capabilities to deliver real business value.
As a member of the world's leading and largest consulting organization, you'll tap into resources that only a global leader like IBM can provide: access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals; enjoy unparalleled career opportunities; be provided with ongoing training and education that you'll need to succeed; and work on some of the most interesting projects on the planet, helping everyone from organizations to local governments, work smarter.