The Storage Architect will have extensive experience in designing and operating storage technology in an Enterprise environment. The Architect will be responsible for evaluating new storage technologies, driving storage strategy, and documenting technical solutions. Strong experience with disaster recovery design and implementation is required. Other responsibilities include storage roadmap planning, capacity forecasting, and storage monitoring solutions.
• Lead the design, development, and deployment of solutions for all storage environments
• Research, identify, test, and select technology products required for solution delivery
• Translate business requirements into documented storage solutions
• Analyze and monitor the existing storage infrastructure to identify areas of improvement or expansion
• Provide input into annual budget planning based on capacity and performance analysis
• Design a technology roadmap and scalable architectural strategy for the storage infrastructure based on industry best practices and IT governance policies
• Evaluate new and future storage technology and recommend vendors for product deployments
• Design and deploy storage replication solutions to meet RTO and RPO objectives for disaster recovery
• Coordinate with the Backup team to design and deploy solutions that meet objectives for backup and recovery operations
• Participate in architectural review boards and security audits as required
• Mentor other team members and transfer knowledge as needed for new storage architectures
• Effectively communicate with IT staff, other teams, executive leadership, and 3rd party vendors
• 10+ years of experience with a wide variety of storage technologies, protocols, equipment, concepts, and architectures.
• Experience in a multi-vendor array environment. Extensive experience with Dell EMC storage solutions (VMAX, Unity, Isilon, XtremIO) is preferred.
• Design experience with replication, high availability, and disaster recovery or business continuity (SRDF)
• Experience with Storage monitoring and performance tools (Virtual Instruments, Unisphere)
• Experience with SAN fabric design and Fibre Channel zoning (Brocade)
• Must possess strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to document solutions with an enterprise diagramming tool (Visio or similar)
• Bachelors degree in a technical field; Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent related technical experience.
*This position is classified as a Sensitive Position and requires an annual criminal background screening