Skills Required: NetApp Suite of products, ONTAP Expertise, Scripting various languages, Linux/Unix, Python, Expert Consulting skills (responsible for assimilating, testing, and evaluating new technologies).
A seasoned storage Consultant must be able to work in cross-functional environments and interact with representatives from NetApp, and our end-clients. Will be work at client sites consulting and executing various Consulting/Engineering initiatives from the administration, configuration, deployments, migrations, testing, certification, and documenting new technologies, supporting storage environments, and more.
• Ability to understand and convey customer needs and your recommendations to other storage professionals
• Translating requirements into technical and systems specifications, configurations
• Providing technical analysis to ensure solutions are operationally sound
• Expert technical capabilities with an array of NetApp Suite of Products, Third Party Applications & Tools, SAN, NAS, EMC, Cisco, Nexus, & Linux
• Performing complex technical work which will include adminstration, configuration, deployments, proof of concepts, documentation, and working with infrastructure (storage, network and servers) in some technical capacity.
• Experience working on projects for data migration, storage monitoring, and/or new application deployment initiatives
• Experience in working knowledge of storage, cloud, infrastructure, and enterprise operation systems environments
• Experience in security engineering for storage systems
• Provide various levels of 1st, 2nd and 3rd tier support
• Strong Problem Solving & Analytical Skills
• Present technical solutions and ideas to Engineering and Operations teams
• Ability to run and document testing completed on NetApp hardware & Software suites
• Experience with fast paced Global financials customers
• Thorough knowledge of Unix and Windows operating systems
• Understanding of NIS, DFS, CIFS, NFS and AD concepts
• Experience in storage capacity planning & storage monitoring
• Familiar with NetApp tools, such as HWU, SmartSolve, AIUM and OCI
• Fully document technical solutions to include, logical and physical system diagrams, data flow diagrams, test plans, and as-built diagrams.
• Skill set familiarity: NetApp Technologies: C-DOT, ONTAP, 7Mode, MetroCluster, OnCommand, Python/Powershell, Storage Products, Perl, Unix, HP, EMC, Cisco, AWS, Cloud, DevOps