SENIOR TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER, CLOUD INITIATIVES
ALTA IT Services has long term (12 months ++) contract openings for two Sr. Principal Technical Project Managers to support a leading health insurance customer with a Cloud initiative as part of their Technology Transformation strategy. The Senior Principal Technical Project Managers will establish Cloud capabilities to support new business systems, modernization and migration of legacy systems to the Cloud.
Qualified candidates will hold 15-20 years of IT experience with a minimum of 12 years of Project Management experience; with at least 10+ years as a project manager managing teams to: Develop and Implement Cloud Strategies; Develop Cloud Architectures, Security and Compliance Frameworks; Implement Hybrid Cloud/Multi Cloud Environments; Plan and Execute Cloud Migrations; Establish Cloud Governance and Cloud Financial Ops; Audit and Remediate IT Process and Tools (Development and Operational) for Cloud; Establish Cloud Operations; Develop and Establish a Cloud Organizational Change Management Program.
A Bachelor's degree and Project Management Professional (PMP) is a must.
- Project manager oversees the day to day activities of the project team managing the execution; facilitating key decisions, planning activities, issue, risk and communications management.
- Manage all aspects of a complex cross-functional projects to plan, organize, schedule, control and monitor to ensure timely completion, cost-effectiveness and customer satisfaction, while creating a creative, positive and flexible environment.
- Rigorously manages scope and approach according to program objectives to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Leads project team in translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective-based projects. Manages and negotiate tradeoffs between business needs, resources and technical constraints.
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Facilitates planning workshops to breakdown complex initiatives, ensuring adequate definition and granularity to support effective project tracking, costing, and resource estimation.
- Identifies risks, anticipates issues and takes ownership of issue resolution.
- Ensures all activities and defined work products are defined appropriately and will lead to the successful delivery of project objectives and milestones.
- Applies best practices from project management and quality measurement systems such as PMBOK, EVMS, and ISO 9001. Applies Cloud best practices and maturity model to project management approach.
- Applies continuous methods for tracking project performance, managing risks and issues.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to ensure on-time delivery of scope and business objectives.
- Adapts agile methods to project specific needs, coaches' team on Agile methodology, effective use of tools (Jira, MS Teams) adoption
- Facilitates iteration planning, daily standups, demo, and retrospective meetings.
- Ensure adherence to corporate process, policies and contract requirements provide oversight and guidance to aid the team.
- Develops and validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures.
- Publishes periodic project status reports and represents the project in various project governance and inter-department forums.
- Regularly communicates project updates to senior level leadership and customers.
- 15-20 years of IT experience with minimum of 12 years of Project Management experience with at least 10+ years as a project manager managing teams to: Develop and Implement Cloud Strategies; Develop Cloud Architectures, Security and Compliance Frameworks; Implement Hybrid Cloud/Multi Cloud Environments; Plan and Execute Cloud Migrations; Establish Cloud Governance and Cloud Financial Ops; Audit and Remediate IT Process and Tools (Development and Operational) for Cloud; Establish Cloud Operations; Develop and Establish a Cloud Organizational Change Management Program.
- Experience implementing in Hybrid and Multi Cloud environments with all major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud).
- Technical Background in software development, application or infrastructure such as network infrastructure, storage, servers, databases, cloud computing, data center operations, security, and vendor management.
- Operations Knowledge (BCDR, Incident Response, SLA Management, IAM, Cost Management, Asset Management, Patch management)
- Knowledge and experience on budgets, finances, cost modelling and forecasting
- Strong customer, verbal and written communication skills and experience with strategy level consensus building across senior leadership levels.
- Strong project management skills, deep technical expertise, business knowledge, and excellent leadership and negotiation skills.
- Must have strong technical aptitude and business acumen.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and work with highly skilled/experienced resources
- Experience in managing cross enterprise change management initiatives and leading teams in the development and execution of business and technology transformation.
- Hands on experience on Agile practices, Scrum process, Kanban, and waterfall methodology.
- Experience with varied technologies and tools and operating systems, including KAFKA, Cloudera, Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, IBM MQ, Linux, IBM Mainframe, AIX, Windows environments
- Experience with ISO 27001, PCI DSS, HIPAA, HITRUST, NIST 80-66, FedRAMP, GDPR and SOC II a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Office tool set MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and MS Visio. TOGAF and Orbus EA Tool a plus.
- Experience integrating and managing external consulting firms for specific expertise
- Experience working in complex fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Healthcare experience or similar environment is strongly encouraged.
- Bachelor's degree and Project Management Professional (PMP) is a must.
Candidates selected for hire must pass a pre-employment background investigation
HOURLY RATE: $80/hr. Benefits Available
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via
ALTA IT Services, is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, specializing in Agile Transformation Services, Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, and Data & Advanced Analytics. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.