Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Strategic Controls System Architect
Trimble has over 20 years of experience in the industry of automating construction and agriculture machinery with solutions that range from controlling bulldozer blades to steering farm tractors. This position will build on that experience by applying Trimble and emerging technology to new areas of the construction machinery industry.
Candidates will be tasked with the development of Android application architecture, prototypes, and test approaches for automating construction machinery. Strong candidates will have the ability to clearly develop system level designs as well as develop the code required to implement these designs. Strong communication skills and ability to translate customer requirements into designs are a must for this position.
- Develop an application architecture to support near and long term requirements
- Develop prototype applications to allow for quick evaluation of conceptual designs
- Work with UI/UX teams to define user interface that comply with corporate guidelines
- Work with automation engineers to develop a continuous integration strategy
- Work with controls engineers to develop clear system level abstraction and API
- Work on live construction sites with customers to understand the workflow of earth moving machinery
- Ensure the quality and integrity of the product code base through the applicable controls
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelors of Science or equivalent in computer science
- 5+ years experience working in the field of android development, system architecture, mobile development, or other relevant field
- Expert in Android application development and Java
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Ability to work with changing requirements under a time sensitive schedule
- Experience managing local and remote teams
- IoT application development with tight integration to cloud backends
- Master of science in a technical or construction field of study
- Experience using the Robotics Operating System (ROS)
- Experience working in an open source environment
- Experience with J1939 or other vehicle bus
- Experience in the construction industry including survey, machinery, or project management
- Experience with autonomous vehicles, drones or robotics
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D