Join SAIC's cyber security team and work on this effort that encompasses technical, engineering, management, operation, logistical and administrative support for cyber security operations. The ideal candidate will have broad and deep experience in cyber security with demonstrated successes in supporting a large scale IT infrastructure encompassing overseas and domestic facilities. Security Research and Engineering
: researches, evaluates, engineers, and provides life cycle support for tools, technologies, and solutions for safeguarding, monitoring, assessing, and investigating the security of classified and unclassified IT assets.
The Security Research and Engineering SME provides design, architecture, and engineering technical direction and leadership. Recommends solutions for security problems in existing systems or systems in development. Applies or assists with application of formal methods in security architecture, security system design and engineering, and security technology integration and deployment. Leads and participates in security tests and evaluations, studies and experiments. Conducts technical and management briefings. Leads and supervises lower-level analysts.
Perform research, evaluation and engineering tasks relating to security technology, products, and solutions. Specific activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform research and develop comprehensive and flexible capabilities/solutions to meet new and emerging national security and homeland security requirements; recommend proactive and defensive measures to detect and prevent exploitation and intrusion from hostile sources
- Evaluate emerging security technology, products and solutions such as network monitoring capabilities, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS and IPS), data loss prevention systems (DLP), vulnerability assessment tools, risk assessment tools, and investigative tools, etc.
- Conduct and report on results of pilot testing of new technology, products and solutions
- Develop and update quarterly security tools architecture documentation
- Plan and implement a four year lifecycle replacement process to include an updated Security Tools Strategic and Tactical plan.
- Develop deployment plans for new technology, products and solutions
- Conduct engineering tasks such as on-site surveys to support deployment of new security technology, products and solutions
- Perform security engineering tasks to implement a SIEM capability.
- Provide life cycle support for COTS and GOTS security products; include development, integration, enhancement, maintenance, operation, configuration management, documentation, training, and technical support of existing and newly developed solutions;
- Evaluate all security tools for end-of-life replacement; report on tool effectiveness via security tool health dashboard
- Maintain and operate all equipment used for security research and evaluation, including system administration, configuration management, technical troubleshooting, backup/recovery, and user support
- Manage and operate the engineering test lab Development and Pre-Production environments and networks; perform system administration, configuration management, backup/recovery, contingency planning, and user support
- Interface and coordinate with IRM on joint efforts
- Contribute to and implement US Government cyber defenses to protect against constant and persistent intrusion attempts, address vulnerabilities, and anticipate future threats
- Support national security projects and initiatives and participate in inter-agency working groups and activities initiated by the Department of Homeland Security or other Federal Government entities
- Maintain and produce border protection network diagrams as the environment changes
- Maintain technical documentation on the Network Monitoring/IDS Sensor Network architecture and other enterprise-wide implementation of security technology, products and solutions, such as the enterprise vulnerability assessment capability
- Develop and maintain system documentation to include operations, system maintenance, user documentation, requirements documents for software solutions, and documentation to support obtaining Certification and Accreditation, as required
- Provide monthly project status report and quarterly metrics reporting.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
General Experience: 12 years of experience in IT, cyber security, and/or other projects related to critical network infrastructure protection. Demonstrated oral and written communications skills.
Specialized Experience: Eight (8) years of current experience in cyber security system or solution design, engineering, evaluation, integration and/or deployment. Five (5) years of experience in managing cyber security engineering projects. Demonstrated ability to provide cyber security guidance at the authoritative level.
Certification Required: CISSP
Certification Desired: Cisco Network Professional Security (CCNP-S) and MCSE
Must be a Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. with active Top Secret clearance and ability to obtain a TS/SCI Desired Qualifications
My SAIC Benefits.