Are you a rising college senior graduating in December 2017 or May 2018? Then we have the summer internship that could jump start your career.
MicroPact in Herndon, VA is seeking two college interns who are majoring in Computer Information Systems, Business Information Systems or a similar degree path to join its Product Operations team this summer. The position will provide real world experience working in a team environment by using your analysis skills to solve issues with various software applications.
The successful candidate will use strong analysis skills to examine existing applications written in Java/J2EE, find problems with the application and/or with the code and provide simple debugging suggestions and suggestions on business logic. He/she will also be welcomed as part of our Product Solutions team and treated to a front row seat on how software support works at a major international software product company. It's a once in a lifetime experience for the right candidates.
To be eligible for these positions you MUST meet the following qualifications
- Must be a rising college senior majoring in Computer Information Systems, MIS, BIS or similar degree and expecting to graduate in December 2017 or May 2018
- Candidates pursuing a Master's degree in CIS, MIS, BIS or a related degree with the same graduation date expectation are also encouraged to apply
- Solid troubleshooting and code analysis skills
- Some experience with debugging code written in Java, some relational database experience
- Knowledge of software testing and quality control
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in team environment
- Critical thinking and analysis skills
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodology is a plus
- Must be immediately eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and eventually be eligible to hold a US Government security clearance- Secret or higher