This is an exciting time to work in General Mills' Data and Analytics (DnA) organization! We are accelerating a Digital Transformation of our Supply Chain to provide a competitive advantage to our business. To this end we are looking for a Digital & Technology (D&T) Analyst, with passion for DnA, to join our Supply Chain Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) team.
The SAFe team will leverage cloud technologies to deliver an end-to-end connected data and analytics platform for Supply Chain, creating a faster path to activating GMI's Digital Supply Chain. To enable business strategy and growth the goals of this work are:
- Improved predictability and planning through consistent process and metrics
- System enabled cross-pillar coordination and workflow to provide business operators with visibility to the right info, at the right time to impact their business
- Future capabilities with connected data: Financial Reliability, Control Towers, Truck Utilization etc.
- Learn the Supply Chain business processes with an initial focus on particular pillars (Plan/Source/Make/Deliver)
- Partner with business SMEs and D&T peers to learn the Supply Chain data needed to drive Data & Analytics.
- Understand the DnA technology and how it connects current capabilities and shapes future capabilities.
- Serve as the technical subject matter expert on technology for GMI supply chain teams, uncovering key business questions and providing analysis, insights, and solutions to answer them.
- Gather project requirements from internal business clients; identify and eliminate gaps via partnership with D&T architects; translate requirements into technical documents; and communicate throughout the entire development process.
- Partner with our SUPPLY CHAIN business teams in development of new capabilities that leverage the Cloud, AI. Examples include Digital Twin, Control Tower, Predictive Capabilities, Real-time alerting.
- Superior capabilities in data analysis with a passion for data science, AI, and Machine Learning (ML).
- Proactive learning mindset with a passion to increase your skill on DnA capabilities.
- Use external perspective and internal relationships to improve how we work and what we deliver - keeps abreast of what's happening within the digital supply chain space.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent relevant discipline
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a data or business analyst position
- Advanced knowledge and experience with writing SQL queries required
- Effective verbal and written communication and influencing skills at the tactical level.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Can do, positive attitude and commitment to a team delivery approach
DEVELOPMENT CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE IN ROLE
- 1+ year experience with BigQuery, Cloud Storage desired
- Familiarity with ADO and Agile-Scrum
- Comfortable presenting to senior leaders
- Effectively manage vendor relationships
- Experience with Supply Chain Command Center, Supply Chain Control Tower & Supply Chain Data Visibility
- End-to-End Supply Chain business process expertise
- Cloud Platform use for Data and Analytics
- SAFe (MillsWorks) ways of delivery
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best - bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what's next.