6/8 - Logistics Manager - contract to hire - Must be ONSITE
Top Must Haves: 1. Supply Chain Logistics Management 2. Strong SAP experience 3. Educated/Sharp person 4. Manufacturing/Automotive/Metals background (not aerospace)
The Logistics Manager ensures safe and compliant on-time and on-quality delivery of products. The ideal candidate provides on-site, frontline leadership and supervision for all shipping, receiving and warehousing functions. Job
- Actively contribute to the creation of a safe, secure and healthy working environment and to the achievement of the Company’s environmental obligations and goals.
- Coordinates and oversees all loading procedures, both truckload and LTL.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective outbound shipping processes.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective receiving processes.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all DOT requirements.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiencies and promote cost awareness in all areas of responsibility including frequent communication with production, purchasing and program management.
- Develops and implements standard processes for logistics activities including shipping, receiving and inventory control.
- Provide direct supervision over logistics team members through continuous feedback, coaching, and development. Provide guidance on priorities and other customer centered behaviors to improve customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement best practice processes for all aspects of transportation, warehousing, and external vendor shipments (Traffic Control) throughout a multi-site facility. Ensure WIP and finished goods are delivered in the right quantities, on time.
- Establish and track performance KPIs for Logistics functions.
- Maintains the Quality Management System documentation associated to specified departments in job description.
- Conduct visual and physical inspections to ensure all contract carriers have the proper equipment (tarps, straps, condition of equipment, etc.).
- Hire, train, mentor and supervise staff. Motivate and encourage staff to achieve personal, organizational and team goals. Conduct annual reviews and recognize accomplishment. Encourage and provide opportunity for staff development, input and feedback regarding improvement opportunities.
- Exceptional fluency in English is required, Spanish is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite, SAP (or other ERP products)
- Highly motivated, creative, and results oriented
- Outgoing, consultative, engaging, good communicator
- Exceptional leadership, influencing, and change management skills
Education and Work Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment in a logistics role is required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar leadership role required
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but a combination of education and experience will be considered