Top Must Haves: 1. Supply Chain Management 2. Strong SAP experience 3. Educated/Sharp person 4. Manufacturing/Automotive/Metals background (not aerospace)
Job Summary: The Supply Chain Manager ensures safe and compliant on-time and on-quality delivery of products. This position provides on-site, frontline leadership and supervision for Production Planning, Logistics, Receiving, and Inventory functions. This position owns the processes that ensure products are delivered on time by assessing and coordinating customer demands with manufacturing scheduling and logistics processes. Links customer service to manufacturing through scheduling all manufacturing and raw materials ensuring a balanced approach to inventory management.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or related field is required, Master’s in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment in a supply chain role is required.
- Prior leadership experience
- Strong computer skills. Use of multiple operating business systems; proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Master’s in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish
- Previous aluminum extrusion and fabrication experience is preferred
- Drive superior HSE (Health, Safety & Environmental) performance through an attitude and approach that “all injuries are preventable”.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of department managers and supervisors to ensure that the Plant’s financial strategy is implemented effectively, consistently and according to established plant objections and make necessary modifications when business conditions dictate.
- Manage and control plant production staff functions and resources for the facility.
- Maintain effective and respectful employee relations and an engaged workforce.
- Plan, implement, and control plant activities to achieve plant performance goals consistent with Hydro Extrusion North America / West Region objectives.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture through a foundation of Hydro’s Extrusion Business System (EBS), lean manufacturing concepts, and operational excellence.
- Manage operations and personnel in a manner that clearly demonstrates the Hydro Core Values – Care, Courage, & Collaboration.
- Actively participate in business reviews, planning and strategy sessions as required, and ensure plant reporting requirements are met for production and maintenance functions.
- Excels at operating in a fast pace business, ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization; ability to look at situations from several points of view