Position: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Bay Area, CA
This position is responsible for planning and managing inventory objectives through both internal and external suppliers. The primary role of product supply planner is to translate midterm to long-term product demand into a monthly master production schedule (MPS) aligned with near-term manufacturing requirements. This position will drive supply performance through effective planning and will build and maintain strong partnerships with Demand Planning, Commercial Manufacturing and Quality to ensure the timely delivery and release of product. This position will be required to provide strategic decisions on any midterm or long-term supply issues and work with a cross function team to mitigate impact to the supply chain. The person in this role is an analytical thinker and a strong communicator with an eye for detail. As such, the ability to work with various levels within and outside the organization, from line personnel to senior management, is required. This position will be required to present strategic plans to senior management and provide analysis for various decisions (i.e. scheduling and network sourcing strategies. Proficiency in advanced planning systems such as Kinaxis Rapid Response to drive strategic planning decisions is essential.
- Responsible for midterm to long-term network MPS in monthly buckets.
- Monitor demand forecast and manage inventory levels and ensure changes are aligned with network supply plans
- Responsible for supply chain modelling to
- Support budgeting process
- Maintain planning parameters
- Evaluate demand scenarios
- Define sourcing strategies
- Proposes safety stock levels throughout the drug product supply chain and works with API supply chain to ensure alignment of inventory across DP and API
- Works with API supply chain to ensure long range API purchase plans support master production plan and resolves issues where they may arise
- Responsible for mapping market/product demand to SKUs and DCs
- Responsible for rough cut capacity planning and monthly evaluation against existing capacity models to ensure feasible plans
- Leads and support monthly Supply and Management meeting meetings to present network MPS and changes per planning cycle
- Ensure Annual stability plans are met
- Represents Global Supply Chain on CMC and CCPR teams to ensure changes will be implemented in a strategic and timely manner
- Manage all changes and assess impact to supply chain to ensure no interruption to patient supply
- Manage NPI introductions and ensures all launch timelines are met
- May assist with the development and integration of new technologies and/or new processes as needed to support continuous improvement by seeking ways to improve planning performance
- Responsible for short term execution of the network plan (next 3 months) and resolving supply issues in short term
- Responsible for short-term network inventory balancing
- Provide monthly forecast (18 month) to CMOs
- Lead and attend weekly reviews with CMOs and other relevant departments
- Allocated API to production plans & support master production plan / resolves issues where they may arise
- Manages relationships with other departments (i.e. quality, mfg., AO, logistics, etc.) to resolve supply issues
- Processes changes in the ERP system to reflect schedule adjustments according to production progress, change orders, or other delaying conditions. Ensures that open Work Order are in sync with associated Purchase Orders
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Able to develop solutions to a wide range of complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. Able to understand and communicate scientific and business elements to multiple internal audiences.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment, and support multiple activities simultaneously. Determines personal work plan, and schedules tasks and activities.
- Good planning and organizational skills coupled with strong time management skills.
- Good understanding and application of relevant principles, concepts, practices, and standards, and solid knowledge of industry practices.
- Solid knowledge of relevant regulatory guidance, including pharmaceutical GMPs and ICH Q7A.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Able to identify and resolve issues/problems, and define potential deficiencies that could impact timelines or operations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the financial aspects of Supply Chain operations.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency across multiple practices within Supply Chain department, to understand, coordinate and communicate across the competing demands of each.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel and other reporting and tracking tools.
- Experience with advanced planning systems (ERP) desired.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA; or 6+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable.
Direct – 949 783 6043
Web - www.nexinfo.com