Apex Systems is looking for an IT Project Manager with Supply Chain experience
for a large retail client in Raleigh, North Carolina. If qualified and interested please send your resume to Healea at Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of program/project management experience required.
- Retail and/or supply chain experience is required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Experience in managing Agile projects preferred
- Competency in Project Management, Change Management, Analytical Problem Solving, Customer/Partner Relationships, Product & Technology Expertise, Strategic Insight
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
The role requires both deep project management experience in a consulting organization, and the ability to facilitate the deployment of solutions by mapping customer business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions. PMs are key enablers for Advance Auto Parts and partner staff. They manage the complete lifecycle of large and complex projects and have a passion for customers that is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience. Demonstrated ability to engage in senior level business and technology decision maker discussions related to agility, business value, and end-to-end technology projects is required.
The selected candidate:
- Will apply solid project management and leadership skills and experience in delivering projects on time, within budget, and with high customer satisfaction.
- The candidate must also have experience managing within the PMI methods.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have experience in managing medium to large size teams on site and remote. Experience in managing offshore teams is also preferred.
- Must demonstrate expertise and proven ability in risk management and mitigation; establishes a strategy of continuous risk management that enables proactive decisions and actions throughout the project life cycle, and creates an environment to support it where the project team has visible, measurable, and repeatable processes for managing these risks.
- Must be capable of collecting, reviewing and publishing project status with regards to resources, schedule, stakeholder management, and features that influence project performance and completion.
- Will follow the principles and governance of IT PMO in project delivery
- Must demonstrate the ability to track progress against the Master Program Plan, and the Program Communications Plan in order to identify gain or slippage achieved against overall timescales and ensure that these are communicated to the client and internally within the organization.
- Where possible, aim to develop contingency plans to provide an alternative method of keeping the program on track in the event of a delay to one of the projects.
As a PM, you will help identify, pursue, and close strategic business development opportunities while continually driving add-on business value within existing accounts. To accomplish this, the PM must be effective in communicating project health and in articulating projects risks to executive leadership.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or