Job#: 1255429 Job Description:
Apex Systems is sourcing for a Support Engineer to work in the travel industry. Its the a 100% remote opportunity that is a 6 month contract. If you are interested in hearing more about the opportunity please send an updated copy of your resume to Ann Wood at Our Opportunity:
The Site Reliability Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that support incidents arising for the team products are promptly resolved according to the agreed upon SLA the company, LTD and all associated brands. The Site Reliability Engineer will work in close collaboration with the Snr Site Reliability Engineer, to ensure all IT systems and products are operating optimally to enable the entire end-to-end Guest and/or employee experience, across all guest and crew touch points for a set of products.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding and a proven track record in a junior IT support role for a variety of Shipboard\\shoreside product applications and has the ability to work with vendors (in case necessary) to provide effective and sustainable solutions. The ideal candidate will be ensuring that all support incidents are immediately escalated to the Snr Site reliability and Snr Product engineers in order to ensure that all SLAs for the various products are met.
S/he will be testing the sustainability & application compatibility with obsolete hardware changes, OS upgrades for all current and new products as part of the roadmap. The role will provide direct support to the individual contributors who provide Level 2 Shipboard and shoreside support for a wide array of applications. Requirements:
• Experience in DB (Oracle, SQL) querying and scripting.
• Experience working with Enterprise level Windows, Linux infrastructure environments.
• Knowledge of basic networking, firewalls, and system interfacing
• Experience working with middleware tools like Tibco or Mulesoft
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates, and meet production deadlines
• Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
• Good experience in diagnosing, resolving & documenting complex application performance problems to maintain an expected level of service.
• Good experience in working with Product/Support teams/organizations in ensuring maximum technology uptime and minimizing/eliminating technical failures.
• A proven track record of working with teams of technical support & experience in using proactive support methodologies
I look forward to hearing from you!
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at