MicroSystems Automation Group (MSAG) is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business headquartered in Falls Church, VA. Since our beginning in 1987, we have provided technology solutions for Government and Commercial clients. Our company has a GREAT corporate culture, and we are committed to providing the very best to our clients and employees. Introduction:
The Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator and Health Diplomacy (S/GAC) is responsible for implementing the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) - the U.S. Government initiative launched in 2003 focused on saving and improving the lives of those suffering from HIV/AIDS around the world. PEPFAR is focused on achieving an AIDS-free generation and is the largest commitment made by any nation to combat a single disease globally, operating in nearly 60 countries through bilateral and regional programs. Additional information about S/GAC and PEPFAR is available at www.pepfar.gov .workflow for S/GAC intranet sites
The incumbent serves as a Support Services Specialist/Driver f or the Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator and Health Diplomacy (S/GAC) under the general direction of the S/GAC Executive Director. The Executive Director's team provides overall operational and administrative support to S/GAC, including in the areas of human resources, travel and transportation, facilities, general services, information technology and communications, and administrative budget. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent primarily serves as a driver responsible for operating the Office's official vehicle/car to transport the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator. In addition to and based on the coordinator's schedule and transportation requirements, the driver may transport other senior S/GAC staff members to various locations in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, including the State Department, White House, U.S. Agency for International Development, Department of Health and Human Services, Capitol Hill, foreign embassies, local airports, and other locations. In this regard, incumbent must possess a valid driver's license. Incumbent must be available for limited evening, weekend, and holiday work.
Procurement, Contracting and Purchasing
- Assist with requests for furniture, equipment, supplies, construction, records containers, and other services, including justifications
- Assist with preparing requisitions for the procurement of equipment, furniture, and other services in accordance with established General Services Administration, Office of Management and Budget, and Department of State regulations and guidelines.
- Assist with submissions and monitors action on requisitions that include single purchase items, lease to buy options, multiple year funds, etc., given the complexity and varied requirements of the Office.
- Assist and reviews assigned support services projects to determine their efficiency, quality and effectiveness of services provided. Assists in evaluating services by contractor and commercial personnel; makes recommendations for improving services.
- Assist with the receipt of and inspections of deliveries of equipment, furniture and supplies to ensure there are no damages or missing items and records the new acquisitions into the Department's Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS). Assist with periodic inventories of accountable furniture, equipment and supplies utilizing the Department's NEPA software
Space Planning and Coordination
- Assists the General Service Officer to conduct space surveys necessitated by organizational changes or other moves within the Office that involve the shifting of personnel and that therefore affect office space.
- Participates in periodic space surveys to ensure efficient space utilization, allotment of space appropriate to individual rank and office needs, and proper office maintenance. Works closely with the General Services Administration, the Department's Bureau of Administration, and/or representatives of the building management company on physical office suite issues.
- Implements the details of office moves with the Office, including arranging for door signs and appropriate preparation of office space to be occupied.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- MRPT or ability to obtain one is required.
- High School Diploma or Bachelor's degree or related fields appropriate to the work of the position; with a minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for this position. The Company may grant reasonable accommodations to candidates who are not vaccinated for health reasons or due to sincerely held religious beliefs .
Full-time employees are eligible for paid company benefits, paid time off, sick leave and federal /national holiday pay. MSAG is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran Interested candidates should apply to the position via our career portal at
https://msag.catsone.com/careers/61442-General/jobs/15561440 Find our company reviews on glassdoor.com