Our client, a very successful and growing NYC based Fintech company who provide connectivity and access to credit trading, is looking to hire a Full Time Support Specialist, responsible for monitoring all non- production environments (UAT, Demo, Dev, etc.).
The candidate will help manage and resolve incidents to ensure productivity is not interrupted. You will be in charge of managing multiple environments, organizing releases to all non-production environments, and managing all incidents. The role is for a candidate who is interested in joining a leading edge, fintech company with a fast-paced environment. The candidate must be internally driven to go the extra mile to provide a best-in-class service experience. THE DAY-TO- DAY RESPONSIBILITES:
THE SKILLS YOU NEED TO GET THE JOB:
- Manage multiple non-production environments (UAT, Demo, Dev, etc.)
- Incident management
- Work to eliminate as many productivity interruptions as possible
- Organize releases to each of the non-production environments
- Respond to system generated alerts/escalations relating to any failures on application platform
- Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective/preventive measures
- Enhance monitoring with custom scripts and terraform
- Work on projects focused on the continuous improvement of the application support model and streamline processes using cutting edge technologies
- Be available to be on call and perform routine night and weekend work
- Understanding of trading platform/environments.
- 5+ years of Incident Management and Support experience
- 5 years of experience with Production Support
- 3 years of Linux experience
- 2 years+ of AWS, GCP, Jenkins, and Scripting (Python, Bash, etc.) and DevOps
- PostgreSQL and MS SQL, with ability to create complex queries
- Kubernetes support experience is a plus
- Experience with Terraform and Ansible are a plus
- Data Dog experience a plus
- Ability to demonstrate the creation and management of technical documentation.
- Can wear multiple hats and multitask effectively in a fast paced environment
- Possesses project management skills and ability to track issues and follow up in a timely manner.
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate with end-users, developers and business
- Capable of working independently as well as part of a group
- Fast learner - ability to learn our systems and get up to speed quickly
- Must have strong communication skills
- Competitive compensation plus bonus
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexibility for in-office and remote arrangements
- Unlimited time off
- Team-oriented and collaborative company culture