Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services and globally.
"DFS" is creating a leading technology based Enterprise Payments Platform (EPP) for its 3 businesses (Discover, Pulse and Diners) and the first business process on EPP is Disputes. This Business Technology (IT) job position is in EPP Reporting which includes JVM-based onboarding adapters to feed HortonWorks Spark and Kafka aggregators and JasperSoft report generators. This group is an extension of EPP Foundations which includes an Event Message Bus (BUS: based upon RabbitMQ) and the Operational Data Store (ODS: based upon HortonWorks Hadoop stack). The CPP teams and DFS businesses are located in Houston, Chicago and the UK, and thus would occasionally require travel.
- (Primary) support and maintain the EPP Reporting HortonWorks Spark+Kafka processes and JasperSoft report generators.
- (Primary) Support and maintain the JVMs responsible for onboarding data from external applications in JSON format.
- Support and maintain the EPP Foundations REST API Data Services and GemFire memory database.
- Support and maintain the EPP Foundations Message Bus (RabbitMQ), the legacy adapters and interfaces.
- Provide 2nd level support to EPP Operations Support for troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex and/or chronic system and application issues.
- Perform trend analysis of system logs, application logs, history reports, audits, performance management data, etc. to identify performance issues and drive improvements to ensure optimal performance.
- Perform post incident review and analysis on significant outages and develop recommendations to prevent issues from re-occurring.
- Provide 7x24 tier 2 "On Call" Support.
- Participate in strategic project activities with cross-functional teams to drive innovative solutions.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to the EPP Foundations staff., especially in the area of HortonWorks (Spark, Kafka, Storm, Hbase, YARN, KNOX)
- Develop tools and procedures in support of the team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status,
or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.