Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Surface ASW Trainer Analyst, supporting multiple US Navy programs, located in Bethesda MD. Leidos' High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. You will get to work with state-of-the art technology developing the most sophisticated and "game changing" trainers the US Navy deploys. You will be part of a brilliant team, in a constant learning environment, on a long running program, performing work that has an major impact, with access to additional pay options. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
You will develop and evaluate ASW training programs for the surface ship community of the US Navy. You will be the training subject matter expert, and will also support the development, testing, and delivery of acoustic training systems for the Advanced Capabilities Build (ACB) program of the SQQ-89A(V)15 sonar system in shore-based trainers. Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Participate in systems engineering activities for acoustic trainers.
• Evaluate and test trainer capabilities
• Interact with internal developers as well as external tactical development team members, US Navy schoolhouse personnel, and military and civilian DoD customers to ensure that trainer requirements are captured and designed into the trainers
• Participate in the installation of training systems
• Train the trainers responsible for operating the training systems
Travel is required to trainer sites at various naval bases, and will account for 15% - 20% of the job.
High school diploma with 2+ years experience and significant subject matter work experience obtained through prior military experience, or B.S./B.A. with an ASW-related officer tour.
• Must have 10+ years of subject matter work experience, obtained through prior related military experience
• Must have specific subject matter expertise in SQQ-89 (ACB13 or newer) Sonar system operations.
• Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and be committed to customer service. Must be well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to work in a fast paced environment under deadlines.
• Must be a flexible, positive and energetic team player, able to work successfully in a team environment, able to work with minimal supervision, able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and able to learn and apply new skills.
• Must be able to utilize Microsoft Windows and Office products in support of day to day tasking.
• Military experience in Undersea Warfare as a surface ship acoustic operator (STG) or junior officer
• Acoustic Intelligence experience
• Comfortable working directly with software developers and conducting software testing.
• Software testing experience
• Experience with Linux
External Referral Eligible