- Perform Database Administration activities as part of the Firm’s Technical Infrastructure team
- Provide production support for Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, UDB DB2, Sybase Replication, UDB DB2 SQL Rep and Q Replication, Paraccel, Postgres, Hadoop, MSSQL, Mongo DB, Oracle database infrastructure globally.
- Support the following hardware: Sun v240/440/4800/420r, Dell r610/710, HP 385/585/480 Blades
- Administer and maintain an existing local / global Database infrastructure including implementation, operational support, and periodic upgrades of all infrastructure Database servers.
- Continually evaluate the operations of the environment and assist in the optimization and delivery of server infrastructure
- Build automation tools using Shell scripts, Perl and Python to streamline maintenance and eliminate noise in the environment.
- Build Automation Flows using HP Operations Orchestration Studio for process Automation.
- Schedule maintenance jobs using Autosys
- Perform root cause analysis on system failures and incidents and provide remediation solutions.
- Create and maintain runbooks for newly on-boarded processes and updated existing processes.
- Own Runbooks and maintain regular cycle of Runbook reviews as per documentation standard.
- Communicate and coordinate with application support and other IT support teams to provide timely responses for critical requests.
- Perform daily monitoring of Database infrastructure for Healthcheck, Application and Replication Alerts.
- Responsible for Provisioning activities, User requests and Resolution alerts.
- Involves in Business Continuity plan tests across all regions related to Database infrastructure..
- Adhere to company change management requirements and procedures.
- Create policies and procedures for regular operational activities.
- Manage small project initiatives within the Database team across large portions of the enterprise including datacenter migrations and End Of life Database software’s and hardware’s.
- Organize Database Trainings locally and globally for Database Team.
- Perform basic file system administration tasks including expansion and device carving using native Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6 multipath utilities.
MINIMUM YEARS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
5 years of experience in the job offered or a related Database Administration role
SPECIAL SKILLS AND/OR LICENSES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB:
Must have 5 years of experience with:
- Supporting the following platforms: Red Hat Enterprise Linux v3/4/5/6 and Sun Solaris 5.8/10
- Database Platform : Sybase ASE, Sybase IQ, Sybase Replication , UDB/DB2 .
- Extensive exposure to Sybase ASE 15.x, ASE 12.x database administration under Linux platform.
- Strong experience in Sybase database administration, maintenance and implementation in a complex system environment
- Strong Sybase Replication experience (Replication Server 15.x, 12.x) and knowledge on Distributed Database Management System
- Strong knowledge of Sybase IQ
- Automation skills utilizing scripting languages, including ksh or bash and either python or perl
- Ability to work and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment that includes a global focus
- Strong team player, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented and highly flexible.
- Strong working knowledge on DBA tasks, troubleshooting and analytical skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/DEGREE AND FIELD:
Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field.
Thanks & Regards,
Zaki Shaikh | W. 617.405.5409 | | www.hire11.com