Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
The Richmond Fed is the proud home of the Federal Reserve's National IT organization-a nationwide team delivering technology solutions and support across the Federal Reserve System. Many National IT employees are located in Richmond, while others are based across the U.S. at other Federal locations.
When you join our team, you'll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better. Bring your passion and we'll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It's all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work!About the Opportunity
The System Admin Middleware - API will provide support of Integration Solutions leveraging API Gateway Services and Middleware Software Technologies. This role will participate in architecting, designing, implementing, and configuring Enterprise Application Integration solutions including API Gateway services, API Portal, and API Workbench. This role will build APIs, define associated policies, tests APIs, manages and debug API traffic.What You Will Do:
Qualifications: Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
- Provide on-going multi-computer site support for API Services
- Develop automation and scripting to configure and patch solutions.
- Provide operational support expertise for projects leveraging advanced API services
- Conduct troubleshooting and analysis activities.
- Provides ongoing support of Middleware and has knowledge of APIs.
- Performs work with minimal supervision and meets administrative responsibilities.
- Conducts the testing and maintenance of multiple server and network operating system environments.
- Diagnosis for incident service restoration and drives for problem resolution.
- Performs research and testing to determine cause and makes necessary corrections
- Resolves outage tickets. Document system designs.
- Troubleshoots issues and determines root cause quickly in a high-pressure environment.
- Troubleshoots/diagnoses proprietary software issues (Memory Leaks, Buffer Overflows, etc.), and then works with vendors to obtain the proper product patches/resolutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
When you join Federal Reserve's National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
Full Time / Part Time
- A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank.
- Candidates should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
- The selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility for this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship or three or more years of Permanent Resident (Green Card) status.
- For candidates outside Richmond, VA, listed hiring and salary ranges may be adjusted based on your geographic location.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual's knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
Full time Regular / Temporary
Regular Job Exempt (Yes / No)
Yes Job Category
Information Technology Work Shift
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.