JOB DESCRIPTION: Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers. Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities. Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Plans and implements the modernization of servers. Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules. Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures. Incumbent in this job works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee). Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. LIASON: Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. Qualifications
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience.
- Within the last 3 years, experience with either UNIX or Windows System Administration
- Within the last 3 years, experience with Network Information Service (NIS), Network File System (NFS), Domain Name System (DNS), and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Strong LINUX experience
- Virtualization experience with VMware vCenter and ESXi as well as KVM
- System administration for RedHat/CentOS 5, 6, 7 and Windows Server 2008 and newer
- Experience with IAVA patching
- Experience with NetApp and Isilon storage, NiagaraFiles (NiFi) dataflow
- Knowledge of networking, DNS, web services (apache, tomcat), NFS, SMB, and OpenLDAP.
- Ability to automate system tasks using bash, python, perl scripting
- Desired Qualification
- Puppet experience
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MSCA) or Redhat Certified Technician (RHCT) certification is highly desirable
My SAIC Benefits.