Professional Packaging Systems is the oldest packaging distributor of equipment and materials in the Southwest. ProPac was founded in 1971 with our corporate office in Grand Prairie, Texas, and with US regional branches in Oklahoma City, El Paso, and Brownsville. We also have a contract packaging division with offices in Grand Prairie, Houston, Kansas City, and Charlotte.
We are rapidly expanding and adding technology throughout the operations including E-Commerce, 3PL, ERP integration, WMS, Production PLC.
You would be joining a small IT team and will have ample opportunity to work on projects across the company.
IT Network/Security Administrator
Responsibilities for Network/Security Administrator
- Implementation and Maintaining of company wide IT ticketing system.
- IT Security administration – Program development, documentation and communication; Evaluating system security for Data Access, Breaches, Cyber Security, Network Security, Equipment, 3rd party application providers. Manage user access, password protection, proper licensing, network control, and documentation control for auditing purposes.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, phone systems, DVR servers, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and help integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Test regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and fail over procedures
- Lead desktop and help desk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- End User training on applicable software and devices (e.g. Microsoft Office, IT Ticketing System, phones, tablets, desktops / laptops, email, video conferencing, teleconferencing, RF devices)
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, document management, and database performance
- Provide remote support for branch offices; infrequent travel may occur
- Occasional work after hours and/or weekends for on-call support or facility set-up
Qualifications for IT Network/Security Administrator
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 5-10 years of IT network administration, System administration, and IT Security experience
- Strong communications skills (both written and oral), strong customer service and
excellent interpersonal skills, ability to listen and understand what is being
described by the end user as well as the ability to explain problem resolutions
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision or guidance
- System administration and IT certifications Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, Hyper V is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools are a plus.
- Ability to maintain an IT project plan for areas of responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols.
Application List Proficiency with these products, or equivalents, desired
- Office 365 w/Exchange
- Windows 10 PRO
- Windows Server 2016, 2019
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Dynamics SL
- Crystal Reports
- Microsoft RDP
- Salesforce CRM
- ERP/WMS/CMMS knowledge
- Cisco Meraki Appliance/WAP/Switches/MDM Management
- Adobe Suite
- Avaya IP 500 Manager