SENIOR PRINCIPAL ENGINEER (Java, Kafka)
ALTA IT Services has a contract to hire opening for a Senior Principal Engineer to support a leading health insurance customer. Work is being conducted remotely for the duration of COVID -19 safety restrictions. Work will return to onsite in Reston, VA once the pandemic has completely passed.
Candidates must be eligible for full time hire without sponsorship. Individuals selected for hire must pass a pre-employment background investigation.
- The incumbent is responsible for the implementation and hands-on support/develop Healthcare claim system. This includes but is not limited to upgrade, development, and configuration, design of Kafka and PEGA services. The position will assist in the efficient utilization and optimization of performance of claim system,
- Primary responsibility is efficient operation and development of the Next Generation Claim System. Includes troubleshooting, development configuration and maintenance of existing and new claim system. Receives guidance and tasks from the Director of product delivery for system implementation, development and design.
- Adhere to standard service level agreements, for heartbeat and day-to-day development, architect support
- Exhibits poise and confidence when working with and communicating to our customers and vendors.
- Independently resolves problems. Recognizes risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate them.
- Participate in process improvements for software development life cycle. Participates in the review of application design version for business systems and applications
- 15+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience within the healthcare insurance industry. Knowledge of claims systems a plus, specifically FEP claims
- Knowledge of EDI specifically ANSI X.12 transactions, e.g. 834, 837, etc. would be beneficial
- Experience with Java application development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Java applications
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) knowledge and experience with web services is strongly preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated knowledge and best practices of testing environments and processes
- Strong testing skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiar with structured programming techniques
- Must be able to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plu
- Java (must)
- Kafka (must)
- Pega Desired
HOURLY RATE RANGE: $85.00/hr. range W2 C2C is OK provided that candidates are eligible and willing to convert to direct hire status after 6 months.
For consideration please contact Melissa McNally via
ALTA IT Services, is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, specializing in Agile Transformation Services, Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, and Data & Advanced Analytics. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.