Our client is a top tier financial services firm that is well established, profitable, with a large, complex infrastructure that is great for developing/honing your Networking / System Administration technical skills. They are looking to add some talented Level 2 System Administrators/Engineers to handle incident, request and change tickets for a broad range of technologies, including but not limited to Unix/Linux, Windows Server, Storage, Database, Mainframe and Web infrastructures. This is a highly technical role requiring deep trouble shooting skills in large enterprise environments with the ability to work in a production environment that will require good multi-tasking skills as well as ability to work under pressure.
The System Administrator / Engineer (SE) will be focused on the following essential duties/responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and resolves/closes trouble, incident, or request tickets following the stated guidelines provided by each department or management.
- Provides pro-active / responsible technical support for Unix/Linux, Windows Server, Storage, Database, Mainframe and Web Infrastructure technologies.
- Create change control tickets as needed and escalates issues to senior staff members to resolve complex problems as required.
- Will update and record all needed info into the ticketing system and assist with administration if required.
- Ability to provides consistent, clear and concise updates to tickets.
Major Skill Requirements:
- At least 2 years' experience (more preferred) performing Production support / troubleshooting in a large, complex enterprise environment.
- Have 3 or more years' experience troubleshooting more than 1 of the following technologies (the more the better) Windows Server, Unix/Linux, Storage, Database or Web Infrastructure technologies, and related.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability and aptitude to learn multiple technologies and fill in any knowledge gaps necessary to support environment.
- Ability to develop, review and follow documented procedures, work under pressure and with deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and customer interaction / service skills.
- 3 day work week, 7PM - 8AM shift, 1/2 hour for lunch, working Thu, Fri, Sat, Rest of Sun and Mon-Wed are off with no after hours support, work your 37.5 hours and off to enjoy 4 day work week!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
This opening is a Contract to Hire with the client hoping to convert top performers in a reasonable time frame. Client has a complex, current, up to date environment that is an excellent environment to grow and enhance your network administration and engineering skills. Top performers who are able to earn conversion to full-time at end client will enjoy top tier, excellent benefits.