Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The System Administrator, CEQI supports the Office of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and the department of Corporate Clinical Effectiveness and Quality Improvement (CEQI) with achieving quality and safety goals with the management of the Midas quality management software system. Ensures that all Midas system activities are aligned with the department leadership priorities, Penn Medicine Blue Print for Quality and Patient Safety, organizational quality and safety priorities. Centrally manages the system configuration, data feeds, reports, and user training for the health system. Accountable for the design, implementation, training, and resources for the Midas Care Management system for the organization. Functions effectively and independently in a rapidly changing organization. Possesses the ability to interact with corporate and hospital administrators, medical staff, and defined customers related to the Midas Care Management system. Responsible for the Midas Care Management reporting system to ensure organization priorities are appropriately addressed in all facilities. Supervises/assists in the collection/analysis of data and suggests clinical application of same. Uses clinical experience to monitor, review, and evaluate patient care against established criteria and guidelines.
• Maintains Midas database system: Establishes operation procedures; Coordinates repair, maintenance, and upgrades; Creates and maintains Dictionaries; Maintains system integrity.
• Supports Midas users: Provides orientation and education; Provides ongoing assistance, reference, and troubleshooting, Supports maximization of Midas Care Management system utilization: Recommends appropriate uses for the Midas Care Management system; Collaborates in decisions related to the Midas Care Management system; Collaborates in the evaluation and implementation of new products/applications/settings
• Collaborates in developing studies aimed at evaluating organizational programs: Collaborates in designing outcome measurements; Assists in designing mechanisms for data collection and entry; Provides data reports as requested; Reviews data files; Prepares data for presentation; Develops reports based on findings.
• Responsible for the core Midas Management Reporting System to ensure organizational priorities are appropriately addressed in all facilities.
• Create and run system wide reports to ensure data integrity and accuracy while maintaining system security and integrity, implementing modules, reporting and customizing users.
• Facilitate ongoing training for new and existing Midas users on site as well as determine needs for additional training and coordinate such training. Ongoing involvement with Midas Care Management staff to ensure the operational success of the Midas Care Management System within UPHS.
• Collaborate with Midas Governance Committee, departmental, management and/or staff, Information Technology (IT) personnel, other functional areas, and software vendors as appropriate to determine information needs and ensure timely system updates.
• Ensure adherence to departmental, industry and/or regulatory standards by documenting, maintaining and enforcing system policies, procedures, and methodologies.
• Responsible for the data integrity across the health system to include uniform processes for collecting and reporting data in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Responsible for using the collection and aggregation of data to identify trends at a system level.
• Maintain all documentation of the Midas Care Management system including upgrade and enhancement documentation and ensure that appropriate documentation is made available to users of the system.
• Maintain system dictionaries to ensure consistency, accuracy, completeness, and suitability of module, shared, and interface dictionaries.
• Monitor interface data crossing into the Midas Care Management system to ensure consistent, accurate flow of patient information.
• Ensure a complete backup of the Midas Care Management system occurs daily and schedule and coordinate software updates with Midas staff. Perform Midas maintenance to include: Checking message queues and processors, monitoring job indicators, troubleshooting, technical problems, managing interfaces, and installing upgrades.
• Provide assistance for system users and coordinate communication internally and with Midas Support Services for hardware and software problem resolution. Maintain reporting templates and SmarTrack Indicators. Maintain system confidentiality by adding new user securities and removing user securities no longer in use.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Finance, Computer Science, Health Care Administration or a related field is required
5+ years experience utilizing Midas or another highly integrated healthcare software application is required
3+ years experience supporting large server based databases is required
Master's Degree is preferred
Experience with health care data and systems. Experience managing projects through a full life cycle is preferred
Must obtain Midas System Manager Certification within 6 months of hire (exam required)
Clinical license preferred, RN preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.