System Administrator – DCAPES - Maxwell-Gunter AFB – Montgomery, AL
Datum Software, Inc. Government Solutions (GS) is currently looking to hire an experienced Systems Administrator for the Air Force Deliberate and Crisis Action Planning and Execution Segments (DCAPES). Systems Administrators must possess a balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform operational support of production systems in a SIPRNET facility
- Working rotations of eight hour five days a week during normal business hours
- Open to supporting patch window operations during the weekends
- Flexibility to support operations (24/7), as required
- Apply monitoring techniques for operating system and application products
- Must identity problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages
- Includes troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software and operating system issues
- Work directly with multiple teams to resolve customer issues
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Perform installation of application patches and DCAPES software releases
- Install patches supporting DCAPES applications
- When not working in the SIPRNET environment, assist with the ongoing development environment migration to cloud – migrating from Solaris to RHEL. Many of the same things done to support the production systems will be used supporting the development systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Datum Program Manager.
- Current U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance (TS or Secret/SSBI levels are highly preferred)
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- 3+ years experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware products – to include Oracle WebLogic, Oracle Access Manager, Oracle Unified Directory, Oracle Service Bus
- 3+ years experience with Systems administration in Solaris 10 and Solaris 11
- 3+ years experience with troubleshooting networking (TCP/IP, DNS)
- Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage
- Demonstrated experience with shell scripts
- Detailed knowledge of UNIX/Linus operating system and tools
- Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Oracle VM SPARC)
- Exposure to security concepts / best practices (STIG, ACAS)
- Exposure to Cloud computing (CloudOne AWS) is preferred, but not required
Work is currently being performed on-site at Maxwell-Gunter AFB in Montgomery, AL. The successful candidate must be able and willing to commute and work in office.
Datum Software Inc. (GS) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Datum Software, Inc (GS) makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time of posting.