One of the top investment management companies is looking for a System Administrator to support their team in Downtown LA.
The System Administrator will be responsible for the planning, installing, testing, monitoring, and ongoing administration of the firm s systems used for managing endpoints. The System Administrator will work closely with the help desk team to help minimize ticket lifecycle times.
- Escalation point for endpoint and Windows server related issues.
- Build out solution documentation and mentor help desk staff.
- Work with the team to develop monthly or quarterly lunch and learn type meetings where the helpdesk can dive into a new topic relevant to ongoing issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Work with help desk to minimize ticket lifecycle times.
- Review tickets to ensure items are being escalated appropriately.
- Review tickets to identify trends and offer proactive solutions.
- Make recommendations to management where systems may be modified or improved to reduce support issues.
- Maintain security as a top priority when reviewing systems and troubleshooting issues.
- Involved in identifying and researching potential security issues.
- Firm grasp on operating system components, process structure, file systems, registry hives, remote access, and event logging.
- Basic understanding of protocols like HTTP, DNS, and TCP/IP.
- Basic understanding of network concepts and OSI model.
- BS in MIS, CS, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a system administrator.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with Windows Server.
- Experience working in a regulated environment where security and audit protocols are enforced.
- Experience documenting and defining processes.
- Experience with Power Shell or other scripting languages preferred.
- Experience in an ITIL shop a plus.
- Basic understanding of virtualization including the use of virtualization in desktop and application delivery.
- Experience administering Office 365 and InTune is preferred.