Hansell Tierney is one of the premier staffing and recruiting companies in the Pacific Northwest. Launched in 2001, we are a woman-owned business that serves and staffs Northwest organizations by doing things the right way, not just the easiest way. Hansell Tierney partners with candidates and clients to match the best candidates with interesting local opportunities. We navigate every relationship with the highest level of discretion and service while holding ourselves accountable to our promises. Our business thrives on our deep understanding of the job market and our ability to skillfully tailor our recruitment process to meet our clients’ unique needs.
We are assisting our client, a Seattle area Family Office, with their search for a System Administrator.
Location: Seattle, WA
**Local Candidates Only Please**
**Sponsorship is Unavailable at this time**
The primary mission of the office is to serve the personal, financial/accounting, tax, investment, fiduciary, philanthropic and administrative interests of a first-generation family and their related entities. The Systems Administrator will report directly to the IT Manager.
This is a hands-on position that will include everything from setting up new workstations to designing new networks. The core daily responsibilities will be to provide desk side support for end users and administration of our existing systems. The ideal candidate will be able to succinctly communicate complex, technical concepts to non-technical people, both verbally and in writing.
This is a great job for someone with a strong IT background who is looking for more variety in their day-to-day job. The bulk of the job will be IT focused, but every day will be peppered with unusual and interesting challenges not normally found in an IT role. Their abilities must go well beyond computer networking, yet they must also know how to build and support any type of network. The successful candidate will have experience performing root cause analysis of technical issues in their environment. Duties of this position will also include managing the facilities needs at our office in Seattle.
This person must have great interpersonal skills and be able to quickly learn in-depth to better serve our principals and each team member’s unique set of needs. Uncompromising judgment and unquestionable discretion as well as a calm, mature presence is a must. Great sense of humor, humility and a need to please is also vital in our small organization. Candidate must be self-motivated and have the ability to work autonomously.
Key Responsibilities of the System Administrator
- Set up, configure, and support internal and/or external networks across several Washington locations and out-of-state
- Maintain all systems, applications, network security/configurations across all locations while facilitating a transparent interface
- Troubleshoot network performance and end-user issues
- Create, document and maintain a disaster recovery plan
- Implement a software and hardware asset management plan
- Advise team on upgrades, patches, and recommend new applications and equipment as technology advances
- Learn and manage peripheral office system hardware systems such as phones, copier, faxes, scanners
- Provide research assistance on a broad variety of topics
- Onboarding and setting up new team members’ technical needs
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be a discreet, self-driven professional with broad IT experience and a range of different skills including strong strategic, operational, technical, analytical and leadership skills, and exceptional emotional intelligence. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/characteristics:
Skills and Experience:
- 6-8 years’ experience in network and/or systems administration
- 2+ years project management experience
- Microsoft Office and Adobe end-user guru
- Comfortable with Mac OS
- Ability to install and maintain Microsoft technologies: Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics, MOM, IIS, SQL, Hyper-V, etc.
- Ability to design and support multi-site network architecture to deliver resilient services
- Familiarity with network hardware including Cisco, Sophos, SonicWall and WatchGuard
- Ability to configure standard routing protocols and remote access solutions including SSLVPN and IPSec
- Experience with PBX and VoiP phone systems
- Web design background: IIS, Apache, PHP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, and Samba experience
- Ability to write scripts to automate daily tasks: Java/C++ preferred, but not a limitation
- Experience writing technical documentation and procedures
- Experience with Exchange DAG deployment in separate geographic location
- Maintains the highest level of discretion, judgment and confidentiality; absolute integrity, loyalty, trustworthiness and professional maturity
- Operationally minded, anticipates issues and effects solutions proactively
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Track record of managing systems with many moving parts, maintaining attention to detail and accuracy throughout
- Experience working independently while staying closely coordinated with a manager, shifting priorities as needed
- Willingness to learn and problem solve, both independently and with others
- Demonstrates a pragmatic and flexible mentality; effective in a dynamic startup environment, with an ability to work collaboratively
- Proactive yet flexible, a “roll-up-you-sleeves” approach and mentality; “can-do” positive attitude
- Strong client-service mentality; highly motivated, accountable and results oriented individual with the ability to work collaboratively with multiple constituencies to accomplish objectives
- Highly intelligent; intellectually curious; dedicated to excellence; strong work ethic
- Must have exceptional emotional intelligence with a healthy balance of confidence, conviction and humility and be a highly skilled communicator and facilitator; with the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts and strategies in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Must be highly organized and able to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Must have integrity and be approachable, respectful and instill confidence and trust in their ability to handle complex and sensitive personal information both internally and externally
- Shows initiative; self-starter; someone who can operate in a fast-paced environment
- Candidate must own reliable vehicle
- Occasional travel may be required
- Successful completion of thorough background investigation and reference check