Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures quality of service in system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures. Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty (or equivalent experience) and 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists with the implementation and operation of the technology infrastructure company-wide.
* Assist in developing company-wide IT infrastructure design.
* Assist in development, testing and implementation of Disaster Recovery systems.
* Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
* Install / Upgrade and configure business applications, infrastructure management tools and various support applications.
* Develop, maintain and document standard operating procedures.
* Contribute to and maintain system standards.
* Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
* Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
* Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
* Ensure integrity of overall backup and recovery processes.
* Oversee routine maintenance of all infrastructure systems.
* Enforce and oversee infrastructure security.
* Assist in configuration of Telecommunication Systems.
* Provide Tier III support. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
* Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users.
* Oversee application of OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
* Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
* Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
* Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
* Maintain both Physical and Virtual server/storage systems.
* Mentor and train junior teammates.
* Comply with SAS70 requirements and ITIL best practices.
* To ensure excellent communications between the technical services staff and other members of IT Services and other staff and units in the company.
* To play a role in continuous development and embedding of service level definitions in system services, ensuring ongoing monitoring, evaluation, and publication of service standards.
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS:
* Applicant should have a bachelor's degree in area of specialty or an equivalent experience and 2-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
* Linux, MS Windows 2k+, Active Directory, Exchange, and Office 365 required.
* VEEAM, Barracuda backup, MS Lync experience is a plus.
* Knowledge of IP networks required.
* VMWare, SAN Storage and HP Blades system professional experience is a plus.
FirstCare Health Plans is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis prohibited by law.