The Network Administrators role is set up, configure, and support internal and/or external systems including but not limited to Windows servers, active directory, patching, Linux systems, virtualization, backups, user accounts. Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Troubleshoots performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan. The Network Administrator recommends upgrades, patches, new applications and equipment. Provides technical support, documentation, and guidance to users and is familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS
- Install and maintain Microsoft operating systems and support services such as Active Directory and Microsoft Server applications according to existing standards.
- Install and configure new/existing software and hardware as required.
- Provide documentation and training on existing and new technology to peers and customers.
- Ability to resolve complex issues and security challenges.
- Create, trouble shoot and respond to help desk tickets.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College degree or eight years of experience or ten years related experience and/or training.
- Powershell, SQL, WMI experience a plus.
- Exposure or experience with Azure off premises systems is a plus
- High-availability and scalable server development
- Security conscious and thorough understanding of fundamental networking principles, including protocols such as TCP, UDP, Ipv4/6.
- Experience with tier one backup products
- Must have basic understanding of firewalls technologies, load balancing, and windows clustering
- Must have experience managing active directory and NTFS permissions
- Strong troubleshooting and production support skills.