Position Title: Linux System Admin
Job id: 202105008
Location: San Antonio, TX
CompTIA Security+ Certification
Yakshna Solutions, Inc., (YSI) is a woman-owned small business enterprise, headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, USA. YSI provides professional IT solutions and services to business corporations and government organizations. YSI is committed to serve its business communities as a leading IT vendor providing innovative, quality and cost-effective IT business solutions and services.
Our benefits are very competitive that include 401(k), health, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, training and professional development assistance.
YSI is seeking a highly qualified System Administrator Lead with 5+ years of experience to work at our client place in San Antonio, TX. The selected candidate will be able to communicate effectively (written/verbal), possess strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, and be innovative in a fast-paced environment.
Manage customer system Servers:
- Responsible for completing STIG checklists for all servers and software installed on servers (Assistance with Oracle Database and from DBA).
- Responsible for responding to system alerts for all servers and taking action on alerts.
- Responsible for managing audit systems for servers.
- Responsible for managing VM’s for servers.
- Responsible for patching and updating OS and other software installed on servers.
- Responsible for reviewing and managing system logs.
- Responsible for fixing identified vulnerabilities from weekly ACAS scans.
Servers in Customer System
- 6 Red Hat Linux Production Servers – DISA is responsible for conducting Red Hat patches/updates. SA will work during maintenance cycles to ensure everything is working properly. Responsible for updating other software installed on servers.
- 4 Red Hat Linux Training Servers – Responsible for patching and updating OS and other software installed on servers.
- 5 Red Hat Test Servers– Responsible for patching and updating OS and other software installed on servers.
- 2 Red Hat Dev Servers– Responsible for patching and updating OS and other software installed on servers.
Manage Customer Servers:
- Assist DISA with the management of servers. DISA is responsible for all system updates/patches and completing STIGS
- Assist DISA with system alerts and notifications and provide recommendations for corrective actions.
Servers in Customer System:
- 5 Red Hat Production Servers
- 3 Red Hat Test Servers
- 3 Red Hat Stage/Dev Servers
Manage AWS Servers:
- -Install as needed new Red Hat Servers.
- -Setup manages servers.
- -Update Patch and make STIG compliant.
- -Review and change settings within AWS environment.
- 3 Red Hat Servers
Upcoming Work for Transition to MilCLoud 2.0 (This is a big undertaking for the System Administrator):
- System administrator will be responsible for Installing and setting up Red Hat Linux servers within the new environment. 19 servers are planned to be utilized within MilCLoud 2.0
- Manage all servers in New Environment.
- Update/Patch all servers in New Environment.
- Respond to Alerts and notifications.
- Complete STIG checklist and apply security requirements to all servers.
Software installed on servers that will require STIGs and configuration:
- Apache Tomcat
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Web Logic
- Apache HTTP
- Email Relay server
- Symantec Protection Engine
- Bugzilla (Going away when we move to Service Now)
- Alfresco (Going away when we move to Service Now)
Required Educational Qualifications / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer science, or related discipline preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of experience as a Windows Server Systems Administrator.
- 5+ years of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer systems and network administration, including 2 years of specialized experience
Clearance Level: Secret clearance
Salary: $85,000 - $100,000/Annum