Description Job Description:
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies".
The Defense Airborne Solutions Group has a dynamic job opportunity for a Systems Administrator
located in Manassas, VA, in support of the Airborne Reconnaissance Low - Enhanced (ARL-E) program. ARL-E is a multi-year program supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet. The ARL-E team is geographically separated with primary duty locations of Aberdeen, MD and Manassas, VA
In this role, you will perform troubleshooting, maintenance, and root cause analysis on an Airborne ISR (AISR) system. As a part of a multi-company team, you will maintain Mission Equipment Payloads (MEP) on the aircraft, perform system checkout, and support the Test & Evaluation (T&E) team throughout the contractor testing and system fielding. This position is responsible for providing assigned support documentation, metrics, analytics, test information, and feedback to the IT Support Lead for consolidation and distribution. This position works on a flexible schedule based on the system availability and mission needs.Primary Responsibilities
-Work all assigned problem tickets and report task status and completion to the IT Support Lead
-Maintain the MEP software including Red Hat Enterprise Server, Windows Servers, Windows Workstations, and VMWare ESXi servers
-Review solutions to problems to ensure baseline is maintained or an engineering change request is submitted
-Report all deviations to baseline via approved methods
-Support the launch and recovery process
-Assist IA with account management, installation of patches, and security scans as required.
-Troubleshoot, Repair, reconfigure, and install mission software in accordance with the baseline documentation
-Maintain necessary credentials to have Administrator access to the MEP (TS/SCI, Security+, OS Certification, etc.)
-Maintain and utilize knowledge of current industry standards and best practices
-Maintain and utilize knowledge of current security guidelines and how they are implemented in the current system
-Provide daily situational reporting for activities on your shift to the IT Support LeadJob Qualifications To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline with a minimum of 4 years' of experience or a Master's degree with a minimum of 2 years of related experience; additional years of related work experience required in lieu of a degree
- Ability to obtain and maintain a CompTIA Security+ CE certification prior to, or within 90 days from date of start
- Possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to identify innovative solutions to extremely complex, multi-faceted technical problems
- Willing to work around flight schedule to accomplish our mission that may include late night, and early morning hours.
- A minimum of 25% travel may be required to support activities at each of the primary duty location as well as CONUS test ranges.
- Working knowledge on all topics, and proficiency in a minimum of five of the followingWorking knowledge on the below listed topics, and proficiency in a minimum of five of the following:
- VMware ESXi 6.5 and 6.7 single host environments: Resource allocations (CPU, RAM, Hard Drive, Network, etc.), Networking (vSwitch operations), Performance tuning, Hardware Pass-through
- Domain Controllers: Domain Trusts, Group Policy Objects (Types of policies, where they are located at, and WMI filtering), Group Policy Preferences, Security Groups, Users/Computers management
- DNS Operation: Types of records, Capabilities and Settings
- File servers: Types of file sharing protocols (SMB, NFS, FTP, etc.), NTFS Permissions, SMB Permission, NFS Permission, Pros/Cons of the different protocols
- Red Hat version 7: Administration, Networking, Secure Environment, Troubleshooting
- Windows 10 and Server 2016: Administration, Networking, Troubleshooting
- Networking: vLAN, port types, subnetting, switching, routing
- Cross Domain Solutions: Purpose, Functionality
- Encryption Devices and Methods: Identifying proper connections, Disarming, TPM, BitLocker, Self-Encryption
- Tactical Radios: PRC-117 or similar
- A current DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance and the ability to maintain this level of clearance is requiredCandidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
- Scripting (BASH, PowerShell, and XML)
- Java Programming (debugging and code review)
- Database administration (MS-SQL, Oracle, PS-SQL, etc.)
- ISR Sensor installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Civilian and/or military experience with Airborne programs
- Experience with integrating networking hardware/software into Airborne Platforms