Position: System Administrator
Location: NYC NY
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months
Spruce Technology is a mid-size and rapidly-growing Information Technology services firm headquartered in New Jersey. An award-winning firm (Inc 5000, Smart CEO) with a steadily growing portfolio of commercial and government clients, Spruce Technology provides innovative technology solutions, specialized IT staff, and IT strategy consulting nationwide.
Spruce Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, pregnancy, race, creed, color, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or a related field. Minimum ten (10) years of experience with information technology systems including 5+ years of production Windows Operating System support.
- Must pass o background screening.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Must hove ability to document processes so they ore repeatable; document, maintain and communicate activities completed; prepare project documentation and tracking, etc. Should be proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Must work well with others, take initiative, and follow instructions.
- Ensure maximum up time by addressing critical issues os they arise. Must have excellent troubleshooting, multi tasking oncT anarylicor skiffs.
- Ensure availability of all AFC systems devices by responding to and addressing service tickets in Service Now. Rectifying issues either remotely thru &linger, or at various station and garage locations. Monitor, support and maintain hardware and software for Windows-based servers, including preventative maintenance, security patches and other system updates.
- Assist with maintaining the corporate physical and virtual environment including VMWare vSphere SS, and EMC VNXS200s.
- Become a subject matter expert with new technologies and evaluate before being introduced into the environment.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve hardware failures and potential systems issues in o fast paced and high demand environment.
- Setup, configure, and perform day-to-day maintenance and administration of Windows systems (Windows XP Windows 2010). Install and maintain Microsoft clustering.
- Must have extensive experience with system security requirements and server hardening practices including Carbon Block. Verify agents are effectively communicating and address issues that have been white listed in o time sensitive operation.
- Maintain a PO compliant environment. Review monthly scan results, determine remedy, test impact and remediate vulnerabilities. Work collectively with Security team.
- Support corporate system audits by maintaining accurate, comprehensive documentation and provide timely responses to requests. Support Change Management process by adhering to guidelines and by providing concise documentation.
- Monitor and manage a custom fore collection application and complete monthly tasks such as file imports, processing shift event files and purging in o time sensitive moaner.
- Support RTAs.
- Thorough understanding and experience with WSUS.
- Experience managing Symontec Endpoint Protection.
- Understanding of Oracle database and/or Oracle Linux system management o plus.
- Experience using monitoring tools such os Solar winds, Lonsweeper and Tenable.
- Manage test lob including scheduling resources, coordinating testing of releases, upgrading hardware, and other activity ultimately emulating fare collection production environment.
- Support MC hardware (such as workstations, encoding equipment, handheld validators) and software for AFC equipment in the field and at third party vendor locations.
If interested, please forward a current copy of your resume with contact information to (Durga/ 973 324 7923/ dashok AT sprucetech DOT net)